SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX a modular option to th P320
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX a modular option to th P320 Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Don't know why they left the firing pin block open on the top of the slide, considering the trend of OR models from other companies. I guess they are trying to reminisce about the 92.

Posts: 2008 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I actually visited Copper Custom and spoke with Tim's business partner Dave. He said the trigger is good. Not PPQ good but much better than Glocks and the P320. He placed the trigger behind the PPQ and the P10c having better. They were super nice. Anyone visiting in Indiana should stop by!

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled and shot one today. Nice gun. No pics but compared it side by side G17, VP9. These guns are all within a few mm's of one another, height and length wise. The Beretta is a tad wider in the slide.

Trigger is very shootable. Different than all the above. Short reset, not PPQ short. Would like to spend more time with it.

Ergos were great. Love the flat face trigger. Don't really notice the "fingergrooves" Nice looking gun in person. I like the slide serrations very functional, not as bad in person.
A pussycat to shoot recoil wise, really mild, flat straight back.

Accurate gun, positive ejection, easy mag button, just had the medium grip which was fine, would like to try others.

I hope they make these in all sizes, and since it is a modular design, and knowing how Beretta has mad all sizes in the past, I think it will be a cool gun.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I like the way it looks. The reviews I've watched seem positive (Tim @ MAC & Mr. Gunsngear). I'm interested in picking one up, I think. Curious to see if it does well in the market, or is relegated (undeservedly?) to 2nd tier status like the FNS pistols (which I really like).

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ultimately, I will try one. In my book, Beretta took the prize with the 92s and the PX4. I am not a striker fan, but I tried the P230 and really really like them. The same thing happened with the H&Ks, I got suckered into buying a VP9 and though reluctant, I like it yet not as much as the P230. Time and innovation have passed me by, so good for Beretta the 500-year old that still marches with time.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Im not opposed to the APX, but being it is G17 sized, I am going to wait and see if they come out with a compact version, closer to the size of the 19. I am running 320 compacts, and have two CZ P-10's on order myself.

I really like my 320's but after having a T&E P-10 and running it, I very much prefer it over just about anything else out there. IMO it is going to the be the pistol to beat. The only complaint I got from the folks I let shoot it was the texturing being a bit to aggressive for some. That is easily fixed, but everyone liked the way it handled and shot.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sources say it's a soft shooter & trigger is better than most...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to shoot an APX the weekend after last at the Todd Louis Green Memorial shoot.

It is a soft shooter, controllable (we were doing 2 second facings) and the trigger is particularly nice. Not PPQ light but similar to a good P320 trigger. It could use texture or stippling higher up and it is fugly.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
Im not opposed to the APX, but being it is G17 sized, I am going to wait and see if they come out with a compact version, closer to the size of the 19. I am running 320 compacts, and have two CZ P-10's on order myself.

I really like my 320's but after having a T&E P-10 and running it, I very much prefer it over just about anything else out there. IMO it is going to the be the pistol to beat. The only complaint I got from the folks I let shoot it was the texturing being a bit to aggressive for some. That is easily fixed, but everyone liked the way it handled and shot.

TXPO

My understanding is an APX compact exists.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alabama Arsenal did a review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525bxzKUCp4

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I've had one for a while. This is accurate. I like my glocks with the trigger set up the way I do it better, but the APX is fine

The slide is like having a g21 slide on a g17

It won't supplant my glocks as my carry/use guns but it's certainly worth having

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Sources say it's a soft shooter & trigger is better than most...

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried one and thought the Beretta had a terrible trigger compared to the PPQ, VP9, and the Sig 320. No thanks.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
I tried one and thought the Beretta had a terrible trigger compared to the PPQ, VP9, and the Sig 320. No thanks.

I guess it's all what you're familiar with. I'll take a factory Glock trigger over a VP9 or P320 any day.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post