SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX a modular option to th P320
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX a modular option to th P320 Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Sorry, forgot to list that. It says mil/le exclusive preorder till April 15th. I'm tempted but I already preordered two CZ P10Cs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Beretta marketing people are the ones that brought us Pepsi Clear. LOL

Beretta makes great shotguns, but their pistol market needs some serious direction. They took forever bringing out the PX4 (which was not that great) and various models of the 92 come and go. Beretta also was late to the game bringing out anything in 45ACP.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Guys/gals....Beretta is almost 500 years old. They do everything in their time and in their way.

What will be refreshing is if the kinks were worked out completely in the long wait to bring these to market. Also keep in mind....they didn't design this for the civilian market; this is a duty gun for LE/military sales. The fact that some of these showed up for sale in civilian hands back in 2016 in other parts of the world proves that they waited to roll them out here to direct production to LE/military customers first.

Plus....the Army MHS contract. This was for sure their entry as the M9/M9A1/M9A2/M9A3 series was non-compliant to the requirements as laid out by PEO Soldier.

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of looks like a Canik to me.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a Toblerone bar. I'd still get one if it shoots good.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Yep. The memes comparing the two have begun.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Being an Italian pistol, it is no surprise that it comes with a built in cheese grater. Wink

I'm a Beretta fan and would expect that this pistol should perform very well but I'm not too sure about the striker decocker push button gimmick. I guess it may be useful for some that choose not to be careful and properly clear their guns prior to attempting to disassemble them, whether you have to pull the trigger to do that or not, but IMHO it is just one more thing that can malfunction or cause an issue if depended upon and it does malfunction.

I'll reserve final judgement on fit and function as well as the looks until I get to see one in person but I will say I am not a fan of the shape of the front of the huge squared off trigger guard. Some guns just don't photograph well and provide a different final perception in person though. At the moment, the M&P 2.0 9mm is at the top of my striker fired hierarchy when taking all features, function, and performance into consideration, with the PPQ Classic a very close second. It would still be interesting to handle and shoot to see what it has to offer though.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Just got en email from Quantico. Available for preorder. Ships March 15.

Et tu, Brutus?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

That was the first thing that popped into my head as well.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looks like some fire sales on PX4's, price is before a $75 rebate from Beretta. Hmmmmm

https://www.armsunlimited.com/...Pistol-p/jxf4d24.htm

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all of the pretty and sleek hand guns Beretta makes, this thing looks like an abomination. It is all kinds of ugly.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
That is going to SUCK to make holsters for, especially Kydex.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching this APX Beretta pistol...

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Beretta gets this one right. Other than the 92/96 pistols, Beretta's autopistol line up is the Isle of Misfit Toys (9000 and PX4).

If it runs right and does not have any odd problems like the P320's trigger slap...it will be a success.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Every firearm mfr is being forced to play in this space. More competition is never a bad thing.
Beretta upped and move their production facilities to TN over their previous state's political bs.
I hope this proves successful for them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
...I'm not too sure about the striker decocker push button gimmick.

They have the same decocker on the Nano. It has worked well in my experience.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Looks like some fire sales on PX4's, price is before a $75 rebate from Beretta. Hmmmmm

.40 cal. It seems .40 pricing are continuing the downward trend.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

.40 cal. It seems .40 pricing are continuing the downward trend.

Actually given all the emails I continue to receive and pricing I'm seeing at shops and websites, just about everything, guns and ammo, is coming down noticeably. It seems the sweet spot for pistol pricing these days is $400 to $550 or so and the Beretta APX falls right in the middle of that which I'm sure is no coincidence. If it lives up to Beretta's reputation, it should do well even if it is not likely to be close to the market leaders for the immediate future.

I truly believe we are at the beginning of a new "Golden Age" of guns and ammo. Enjoy everyone! Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Tim from the Military Arms Channel did a review.

https://youtu.be/17h2thnorEM

It is different for sure.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I watched that review as well. I kind of like it (surprise from a striker guy, right?). Dunno if I'd buy one anytime soon, but appearances so far it seems to be a very solid design. Only plenty of rounds downrange will tell. I'd be more interested in a compact but it's another one like the P-10C for the maybe list.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post