SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX a modular option to th P320
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX a modular option to th P320 Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
After a long hiatus after its introduction...looks like they are finally bringing it to market. Modular like the Sig P320.

https://youtu.be/HYRLV05KR_A

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
After a long hiatus after its introduction...looks like they are finally bringing it to market.

Well, since they don't have to worry about making M9s anymore, they had some extra time on their hands to finish the APX... Wink

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Oh look! Another poly striker fired pistol... Big Grin

Knowing Beretta it will probably be a really good one but really really late to the game and SIG is establishing itself as the 800 LB Gorilla of the modular handgun.

However if they come out with a 15 round compact only 5 inches high, like the Glock 19, that could be really sweet.

IMO not bad looking but the I think they could have made the slide look better and those finger grooves on the grip could turn a lot off to it. IMO the more subtle finger grooves of the PPQ or VP9 are the way to go but being modular maybe they could offer a variety of grips like SIG does.

The trigger better be really sweet as pretty much all the later offerings since the PPQ have had to up their trigger game.

I like the smaller and more forward slide stop control.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
So Beretta made an ambidextrous Glock with a 320 FCU.

Who would buy such a thing?

Probably me. Cool

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and form follows function, and blah blah blah, but that is one fugly pistol.

Just one person's opinion. No offense intended.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and form follows function, and blah blah blah, but the is one fugly pistol.

Just one person's opinion. No offense intended.

There are plenty others with the same opinion. Don't feel alone.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
This pistol is...well, it's amazing.

Amazing that it made it past the proposal meeting! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cntrl23,

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I kind of like the industrial look of it actually. The slide cuts are going to play hell with duty holster fitment though. Both drawing and re holstering. IMO they might should have cut back on the energy drinks when they designed those. I can understand having useable slide cuts, but WOW....Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and form follows function, and blah blah blah.....

Are you discussing the pistol or the beard? Razz

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i know striker fired poly pistols are all the rage...But I will stick to my all metal firearms that are combat proven like the 92fs and the Sig 226/229....I just dont trust plastic...ill pass on the apx for sure..

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta is way too late to the game. This sort of pistol should have been out years ago, were they waiting to see if that crazy, striker fired plastic pistol fad was going to last? If it had already been in production they may have had a chance at winning the Army contract.
Were at a point of market saturation now. No matter how good a striker fired pistol is, there are just too many good options already out there for anyone to make an impact.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Were at a point of market saturation now. No matter how good a striker fired pistol is, there are just too many good options already out there for anyone to make an impact.

While I am firmly in the camp of "it's just another, uglier, striker-fired pistol - I can't help but thing about the VP9 and P320. The 320 came out after the VP9, IIRC - even if it was just by a few months. We've been saying "just another striker gun" with every new iteration of striker gun released onto the market. I don't have high hopes for Beretta, because I do think they're too late with this gun - especially since the military trials are 'over,' but I can't completely discredit the idea of a "new" gun - striker-fired or otherwise, taking a good hold on the market like the VP9 and especially like the 320 have done .

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I thought it was pretty ugly when I first saw it. But it grows on you. While everyone is stating the obvious, that they are late to the game...as were CZ, H&K, etc. This pistol does have some unique features. The modular design will give them the ability to produce compact, sub compact, and even competition model as SIG has done with the X series. It's low price point will lure many of us to give it a whirl. On another forum, someone who put their hands on a sample said it has a great trigger close to the PPQ. If so, there will be a number of converts.

This pistol, along with the Stryke B and the CZ P10C have my attention this year.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's rather homely. So was their last polymer line, the PX4. Beretta has definitely lost some of their Italian styling mojo.

But to be honest, is there truly a good let alone great looking polymer striker gun from anyone else?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Walther P99 always looked great.

I personally thing the PX4 full size looks great. They get uglier, however, the smaller they get.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.berettadefensetechn...m/pistols/apx-pistol

Interesting but probably too way too late.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Not hung up on the looks. If it's a chooter, it's a chooter.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yeah it's rather homely. So was their last polymer line, the PX4. Beretta has definitely lost some of their Italian styling mojo.

But to be honest, is there truly a good let alone great looking polymer striker gun from anyone else?

Yeah I agree with that. IMO some look a bit better than others but nothing that strikes me like my classic P series SIGs, not even close. My main CCW is my Walther PPS that is an ugly little cuss but it carries and shoots like a dream for me.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just got en email from Quantico. Available for preorder. Ships March 15.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Just got en email from Quantico. Available for preorder. Ships March 15.

I believe that is a month earlier than for us mortals.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post