SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: Which grips for a "Heirloom" SIG P226?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Which grips for a "Heirloom" SIG P226? Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted
Hello Everyone,

I have an unfired KE (1994) SIG P226. I can't bring myself to shoot it and would like to pass it down some day. I've been thinking of upgrading the grips on it, but not sure if I should just leave it as it came from the factory.

Question:
Which grips do you think would be best for a "Heirloom" SIG P226?

Choices:
OEM Plastic Checkered
Hogue G10 Checkered
Nill Walnut

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Easy. All original, please.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OEM plastic checkered

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Original.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I would put a set of the NILLs grips on the P226 and place the original grips in the box

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's unfired, leave it alone.

If you want a set of other grips, buy them and toss them in the box.
However, what happens if the person you give the gun to down the line doesn't like the grips? So why waste the $?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
...an unfired KE (1994) SIG P226...

Choices:
  • OEM Plastic Checkered

• Save the Nills for when you get your Allround.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    IMHO, grips are personal preference item. Since the gun is unfired, leave it OEM.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of 1KPerDay
    posted Hide Post
    D. Go shoot it

---------------------------
    My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It's already spent 26 years being a mint unmolested original. No need to cross it up now.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    At Jacob's Well
    Picture of jaaron11
    posted Hide Post
    If you’re not going to shoot it, leave the classic grips for a classic look. For shooting, I strongly prefer G10s.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A man's got to know
    his limitations
    Picture of hberttmank
    posted Hide Post
    OEM

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    Safe queen, OEM without a doubt.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post