SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well, the Walther PPK/S is back...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, the Walther PPK/S is back... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Man, what an improvement! I switched out the recoil spring to a 17lb, put in an 18lb hammer spring and the firing pin spring. I shoots everything I tried to put through it.

NOW, I need to figure out how to get around the slide bite. I don't even think it IS the slide, but the sharp beaver tail on the Walther / S&W model. Has anyone found a solution to that?

Photo Nov 27, 4 02 40 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

With over 200 rds downrange with my PPK/s I have had no "bite" of any kind. That said I do have medium sized hands. I suggest a light weight glove on the shooting hand and griping the pistol lower than you have (easier said than done with the size of the grip). That way if you
get Bit the glove might protect the skin.

Best of luck

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried to polish the beaver tail?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I think if one was so inclined and talented they could gently round the edge of the beaver tail slightly and either fix or greatly improve the issue without making a mess cosmetically. I’ll admit that I’m afraid to try it.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I think if one was so inclined and talented they could gently round the edge of the beaver tail slightly and either fix or greatly improve the issue without making a mess cosmetically. I’ll admit that I’m afraid to try it.

Yeah, I'm chicken too. I'm going to take it to my gunsmith!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Before Picture:

PPKs Before by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer