New
Find
Notify
Tools

New FN 509 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you're saying. The 509 isn't brand new anymore and I don't think they changed the grip angle from the FNS.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're advertising it as 'The ALL-NEW FN 509'.
Don't remember seeing it anywhere... so I thought I'd put it out there.

And correction on the grip, they say 'intuitive grip angle'. So yes, its probably the same.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People speak very highly of it, I'm intrigued and would like to test fire one.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I had a FNS...it was competent but just never really liked it. Just got the 509 a few months. Thought I shoot it and maybe sell it. I don't know what it is...it just feels good. I can't put my finger on it.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 509 has been available for 6 months. It is just a second generation FNS.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
On sale her locally for $449.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I was eyeing the 509 at the FN pro-shop here. My boss asked me about it and after talking it over a bit more he bought one.
He then gave it to me and said "go shoot it, be sure it works and is broken in"
Sure thing boss! He even gave me 500 rounds of ammo to run through it.
It is a good shooter, I prefer my Glock 19 though but I have a lot more trigger time with the 19.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What do you think of the hinged trigger arrangement?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aesthetically speaking, I like it better than most polymer framed pistols. Only time will show how well it holds up.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I got to handle one at the LGS...didn't like the feel of it.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
As far as strikers go, I already have an FNS9 that I do like but don't shoot enough. As for my interest in the 509; it comes down to the same reason why I'm skipping the P-10C and APX. They're each not special enough to make me want to bring any of them home, certainly not anything that I think is strikingly better than any of my existing Glocks or the VP9 striker fun gun alternative that I already enjoy (um, no pun intended btw). The only relatively fresh striker on the market that holds any intrigue for me is the H9, but even that gun still has a fair bit to prove before I'll spend that kind of cash on one.

Besides, lately I've renewed interest in DA/SA guns since picking up my P229 CC TALO. Sessions with the SIG have even made me take my M9A3 off of my "ignored" shelf in its safe and put another 150 rounds through it. 'Bout time I say; both guns are wonderful shooters even in DA. I'll never again foolishly think that I can replace my carry Glock with either or any other DA/SA pistol, but they do remind me as to how enjoyable they are to shoot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one a month and a half ago. Has been 100%
have a little over 1000 rds thru it. Trigger has smoothed out,was 6.5 lbs now 5 3/4 lbs.

Grip is good,left mag release was stiff to begin with better now,right side release has been good
to go. Hinged trigger took some getting used to.
All in All very happy with the 509!

Posts: 24 | Location: FT Smith | Registered: January 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 liked it enough that he bought one for himself rather than "borrowing" from Bud's. Check his review.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Hickok45 liked it enough that he bought one for himself rather than "borrowing" from Bud's. Check his review.

Ppffffttt paid shill. I dont see any difference in this and the FNS. Had an FNS, it was ok but the trigger was too heavy and little aftermarket support made me sell it. FN mags are stupid expensive too.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post