SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock SAF T Block for Other Pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock SAF T Block for Other Pistols Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever seen the Glock SAF T Block for other 9mm pistols? I was looking for it for my M&P 9 FS

http://clipdraw.com/trigger-safety-for-glocks/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar product for another pistol. I didnt like it. It required a foreign skill to clear the block from behind the trigger guard, and it required approaching the trigger with my finger to do something other than prep or press the trigger. That's the opposite of safety.

Better to simply employ proper handling and avoid the need.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that tried one on his G26. He never achieved any resemblance to a smooth draw and fire. He was, as sns3guppy mentioned, always occupied with pushing the little block out and then getting his finger back to the front of the trigger.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I had a similar product for another pistol. I didnt like it. It required a foreign skill to clear the block from behind the trigger guard, and it required approaching the trigger with my finger to do something other than prep or press the trigger. That's the opposite of safety.

Better to simply employ proper handling and avoid the need.

I think that you are probably correct. I made a makeshift block out of Styrofoam and tried it on my M and P9. It feels very unnatural to reach behind the trigger and push it out and then push my finger in front of the trigger. A thumb safety feels much more natural.

At a recent gun show someone I know showed me his Glock where he had a little button in the middle on the side of the trigger. The button had to be pressed in to disengage the safety. It was obviously an aftermarket part but I had never seen one like that. He stated he got it on Amazon I think. I would be a little leery of the reliability of using such a device on a self-defense gun but it certainly looked interesting.

Nevertheless I imagine I just need to practice good trigger finger discipline. I do have an old thumb safety I can always have a gunsmith install but I tend not to like them. Anyway happy shooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
The trigger button Glock safety gizmo is called a Siderlock.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
SAF T Block. Similar device that Kahr uses as its 'gun lock', no?

quote:
Originally posted by elde:
The trigger button Glock safety gizmo is called a Siderlock.

Sold by Lone Wolf Distributors, if memory serves. Jabbing at the trigger during the draw, before you're on target and ready to shoot. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post