SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26L project (G19 grip chop)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26L project (G19 grip chop) Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So recently I have been into customizing glocks and have been carrying my one of the custom G19’s I recently built. Sometimes it’s a little too much gun depending on what I’m wearing so I decided that a Glock 26 size grip would be good. I got to thinking and I could get a 26 and customize it but why not just get a G19 frame and chop it. You get a 19 slide and barre on a 26 size frame. Gen 3 frame’s are bountiful and cheap these days. I ordered a new G19 frame for $119 and got to work. I started this project at 8pm tonight and finished it at 11pm.

First things first you need to get your measurments. I borrowed a friends G26 and used it as a blueprint. I used masking tape to mark off the cuts. I put a line way below where the actual cuts would be to get it started so when the real cuts were made I wouldn’t be cutting off large pieces.

Next I sanded off the finger grooves and got to stippling.

The mag still drops free and locks back the slide.

Here is the finished product. I still have to order a Suarez flat tactical trigger and OEM (-) connector to match the internals of my standard G19 carry gun. Now I can just switch frames depending on my carry needs.

With some of my other recent Glock projects

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Really nice work with the cut frame, Dusty. You definitely have caught the fever.

I've got a coworker who's a ardent believer in the "longslide" G26 form factor. He's been carrying one for at least a decade, a chop based off of a Gen2 G19. His stipple work isn't quite as tidy as yours but it feels pretty good in hand nonetheless. However I haven't really felt the urge to have one myself, though a G19-height G34 holds some fascination with me. The tidier unaltered G26/G27 are good as-is should I ever decide that my compacts are just too large for a given situation, which in all honestly doesn't happen very often.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work. I carry a 26L that polymerrefined cut and stippled for me when he was still around. I was contemplating a G20 cut to G29 length for a woods gun when he stopped. I may have to give it a try. Unfortunately all my Glocks are Gen4, and frames tend to be more expensive.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Yep CCO style.

Handsome work.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about this but could never chop my own 19.

I'm under the impression that I can use a 19 barrel/slide on my 26 frame (just the front hangs over the frame a bit). True? If so, maybe I'll try it for function.

The benefit is for longer range shots, not speed, for me. The 26 groups seems to open up faster beyond 15-20 yards than with the 19.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I'm curious about this but could never chop my own 19.

I'm under the impression that I can use a 19 barrel/slide on my 26 frame (just the front hangs over the frame a bit). True? If so, maybe I'll try it for function.

The benefit is for longer range shots, not speed, for me. The 26 groups seems to open up faster beyond 15-20 yards than with the 19.

G19 frame’s can be had for $120. Might be cheaper. I wouldn’t trust a 26 with a 19 slide as the recoil spring is exposed and you can get something caught in there making your gun worthless.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Gen3 G19 frames $75 at the Glock Store. It's a shame all mine are Gen4.

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:

Damn I might get another just for shits and gigles. Are those stripped? I got line for $119 complete.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

Damn I might get another just for shits and gigles. Are those stripped? I got line for $119 complete.

Yeah they are stripped frames.

http://www.glockstore.com/Gen-...ripped-Frame-Compact

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
The benefit is for longer range shots, not speed, for me.

Another benefit is the rail - which is not an option right now without the 19 frame.

Good work, Dusty. Looks nice. (Nice brace of Austrians pictured too)

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

It is more than just "a bit". It is enough to compromise function

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The other benefit for me is that I don’t have to buy another RMR. I already have 3. I can just switch frames as needed.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I'm putting together a G19 MOS slide with RMR also. It will be nice to have it on either my G19 or 26L. Should make for an interesting carry package.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm putting together a G19 MOS slide with RMR also. It will be nice to have it on either my G19 or 26L. Should make for an interesting carry package.

Original RMR prices are very good right now

posted Hide Post
NICE! I LOVES me some 26L goodness.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The 12 round magpul mag is the perfect balance for me. I get 5 fingers on the grip and it’s still shorter than a G19.