Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger Snob Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
Other than the fit to my hand and a natural point, trigger action is something that I really appreciate or hate. Not much middle ground for this old man.
My P6 nails it as far as single action pulls.
My Wheeler gauge puts it at a little over four pounds, but you wouldn't know it.
After the take up it hits a wall. No creep. Breaks like glass with no perceptible over-travel.
Better than the stock triggers on any stock SIG I own.
Is that the same with your P6's?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gambit,

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Not a P6 but my 225 has the same quality trigger as most of my P series, that is, not superb. My P226 has a great trigger but it also has about 20K rounds and thousands of dry fires. My old P220 has a pretty nasty DA and a passable SA.

It’s the only one I’ve considered sending for trigger work.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My German P225 has a custom trigger job - a combination high torque and QTR trigger. It’s one of the best triggers among the firearms I own and I own several high end guns. Jerry Ritacco did the work. It will never be sold and puts to shame the P225-A1 model. So much for SIG and others saying that the new model’s introduction was necessary to make up for the biggest flaw with the P225/P6, namely the trigger. Instead all that was really necessary was a slight re-engineering of the original trigger mechanism.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its my understanding the P6 triggers were made intentionally heavy to keep Euro cops from shooting themselves. Or other people, possibly. My commercial P225 has a great trigger in both DA and SA and has had no work done on it. I have an older Suisse Montage P225 that has a good trigger too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
I used to have a P225 and I remember the trigger being horrible. DA was heavy and slightly gritty. SA would grind back a little before breaking.

It was nothing like an old P226 I had. I was surprised when I tried the trigger on my new to me red box P229 I just picked up. It has that light and bouncy strike that reminded me of the old P226. Its trigger characteristics are why I bought it in such a hurry.

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have a P239 in 357 Sig whose SA breaks at 4.25lbs & PX4 Compact carry about the same. Both are sincerely accurate shooters. Amazing what a difference a 1/4 lb makes. Nothing snooty bout appreciating a fine trigger action.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Both my P226 (Navy), P245, and P239 have nice, smooth triggers in DA, and light probably around 4-5# like yours in SA.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post