SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 81, .32ACP, Who Makes Sights for it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 81, .32ACP, Who Makes Sights for it? Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
As the title says, I picked up a Beretta 81 in .32 ACP that was former Italian police issue. It is is excellent mechanical shape, cosmetically a fair amount of wear on the bluing and grips. I want to replace the absolutely worthless set of sights on it. The front is fixed so maybe a brass beed will be added or some paint. Any idea on who makes a replacement rear sight? I have tried Brownells and MidwayUSA and no luck.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
There really aren't any modern options beside Tool Tech for the 80 series Berettas.

Not really worth the trouble IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes, it ain’t cheap. I will stick will white paint

Posts: 192 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it were mine, I'd call Novak's.... There seems to be a lot of skill in that shop. Even though their website doesn't specify your gun, I'd bet they can still put sights on it.

They did a very nice job of installing/machining the sights in my Argentine copy of a Browning HiPower ( had to machine a dovetail for my front sight). I just had to send the slide, so shipping was cheap, too !

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Mine came with fixed square notch one white dot under white dot sights.

They don't seem totally useless.

What kind are on yours?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Mine came with fixed square notch one white dot under white dot sights.

They don't seem totally useless.

What kind are on yours?

Mine are black on black with the rear being rather rusty (SN: D597XXX). Other than that, the gun is in pretty good shape with just bluing and grip wear from handling and the holster.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Here is a new rear sight - backordered but Beretta OEM

https://www.brownells.com/sche...91.aspx#s56423sid891

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post