SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Upgrade in the wild!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Upgrade in the wild! Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Thankfully the double click is now gone.

The Force is no longer disturbed.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47400 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Great. I just sent mine off this week. Looking forward to its return

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
It's great to read that the trigger feels pretty much the same. While I've been waiting for the results of the upgrade I have successfully refined my ability to shoot a Glock. I had suffered the low left problem for years, but no more.

Tonight I got my 320's out of the safe; It's suprising just how good they feel in my the hand.

This really is great information that they have been able to fix the trigger while retaining the characteristics that made it popular.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Was that the original trigger? It looks incredibly thin. I can’t stand Sig’s short reach trigger in classic P series guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question is, have you hit it with a hammer yet??? Big Grin

Dusty, if it's been upgraded, it's not the original trigger...the main part of the upgrade is a lightweight trigger. I can only assume it's the same front profile and they just removed material from the back, unlike the short reach trigger where they removed material from the front to reduce the reach.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will someone explain the operation of the new disconnector? I understand the lighter weight trigger and skeletonized striker but the new disconnector and the associated slide cut are a mystery to me. The light weight stuff gets all the talky talky but that new component seems like it must be what contributes the most. Otherwise we just made it 4 foot drop safe but not 6 foot. They added a whole new lever that I'm unsure of what it does. Please explain to us slower types. Thanks.

Posts: 7461 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hit with a hammer... seriously?

Loot at the last pic of the work sheet I posted. It lists all the new parts. It's far for than just a new trigger.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
Thanks a for posting the video, very helpful!

Looks and sounds good!

Did you edit out you racking the slide? Before pressing the trigger after the reset?

Sorry, it's my first video, and one handed no less. Yes, the racking was edited out.

--- Joe ---
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Don't apologize, that's an important distinction.

At first I thought you were just squeezing the trigger again, and the sear was still clicking.

So just to confirm, once the striker is released, you have a dead trigger? Until its racked again?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its a dead trigger if you do not rack it.

--- Joe ---
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Will someone explain the operation of the new disconnector? I understand the lighter weight trigger and skeletonized striker but the new disconnector and the associated slide cut are a mystery to me. The light weight stuff gets all the talky talky but that new component seems like it must be what contributes the most. Otherwise we just made it 4 foot drop safe but not 6 foot. They added a whole new lever that I'm unsure of what it does. Please explain to us slower types. Thanks.

I haven't seen one in person, yet. But I'm pretty sure the light weight components are all that factor into making it drop safe.

The disconnector is just an added feature to reset the trigger when the slide cycles instead of relying on additional trigger movement. This is the way most pistols work, and it appears that it eliminates the double-click that was unique to the P320. I wish they had been able to retain the double click for training purposes along with the slide activated reset.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dusty, if it's been upgraded, it's not the original trigger...the main part of the upgrade is a lightweight trigger. I can only assume it's the same front profile and they just removed material from the back, unlike the short reach trigger where they removed material from the front to reduce the reach.

I noticed that from the video. The new trigger is nowhere close to the grip module on break. As long as there's no slap I definitely could be at one with this.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
As long as there's no slap I definitely could be at one with this.

Posts: 107517 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Has anyone installed the apex flat trigger after the upgrade?

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Has anyone installed the apex flat trigger after the upgrade?

Thought I saw somewhere that there is a slight change in the geometry and the apex nor the gg trigger won't work.

I would assume BG could confirm this with the gg trigger.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
That would really suck for me!

I have the GGI trigger in mine.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
That would really suck for me!

I have the GGI trigger in mine.

Don't worry, he will make on that will work with the new design.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...601935/m/87000409243)

3) Was any change made to the configuration of the trigger other than the thinner profile - "NO, all aftermarket triggers will work with the upgraded FCU, only the weight of the standard trigger was reduced. That is why the flat X5 trigger is not being replaced".

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
glad to hear general satisfaction; just got my shipment paperwork a couple days ago; will be sending package off to Sig in a couple days;

hope I like the *new* stuff as much as I liked the *old* 320 trigger;

I had an "original run" 320Cmodel bought when they first appeared a few years ago, which after about 8000 rounds I finally came to dislike because of trigger performance and noises. Actually wore a blister on trigger finger in the last match it was used.

This recent 320Rx was made Feb 2017 and had considerably improved function compared to the 1st one.

Printing our label today.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'm still waiting for a shipping label for mine. Sounds like you're happy so I guess I'll go through with mine. I started having 2nd thoughts since it was a voluntary upgrade. I haven't even fired mine or any P 320 for that matter.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post