SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What about the P210 Standard?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about the P210 Standard? Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted
I just noticed an add for P210 Standard pistols for just over $1,000. Has anyone tried one and compared it to the Legion or Legend? What makes this so much cheaper?

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's cheaper because its US made to a different std. of construction. It is not comparable to an original SIG P210, but it is still a really nice gun for the money. I have no idea about what you mean on the Legion comparison. I have several legions but they are very different guns based on std. sig models like a 226/229 (double stack guns with totally different ergos) and based totally on modern designs. Questions to clarify I would be happy to address.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. But I never had one of the older Swiss/German versions to compare it to so I can't help there. But, the safety is in the right place, no hammer bite and the mag release is properly positioned. So far flawless function, accuracy and a great trigger to boot.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Ed,
The P210 (aka P210A) Standard is a variation of the US manufactured P210 Target. From what I gather the only differences (between the US Standard and US Target) are: grips, sights, and the lack of forward serrations.

Q (12131) has provided some pretty thorough coverage:

1- The father (Swiss P210), the son (German P210), and the grandson (American P210)

2- Range reports: Swiss P210-5LS, German P210 Super Target Ag 5, and American P210A-TGT

3- The American P210 reached 1000 rounds today, and the conclusion is

I previously owned a P210A Target and with the exception of the grips, quite liked it. With the Standard prices being pretty low, I can see myself picking one up (recently just missed out on one for under $1K).

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig P210 Standard and its fantastic. I've never owned the original pattern 210 (Yet) but I got mine the week after the NRA show. The trigger out of the box is unlike anything I've ever shot (stock). If you area on the fence don't be. Grab one before prices go up or Sig stops production for whatever reason. I will say having normal grips on it is nice instead of target grips

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Love my 210 Standard, trigger pull is very light and crisp. Compared to the older Swiss version I have had, I do like the American version for a couple of reasons. Don't get me wrong, the Swiss model was silky smooth, slide to frame fit was like butter. The American version is no slouch but has the extended beavertail and American magazine release. Those two factors are what make the American model a better shooter for me. Accuracy between the two was the same for me. I was actually getting hammer bites when shooting the Swiss version.

For the $$ the 210 Standard is a home-run.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anyone installed Dawson fiber optic front sight on the P210 Standard and if yes, what dimensions you used and what impressions from it you have.
https://dawsonprecision.com/si...-optic-front-sights/

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank all who responded to my quest for information on the P210's, I always learn from this forum.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would jump on it for that price. It's an excellent pistol.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post