SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    pP320X Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pP320X Compact Login/Join 
posted
I think this was the ultimate evolution of a P320 for carry. I own one, my daily carry when the P365 needs a rest.

The size and grip feel to me, are the best of the models.

Anyone else feel the same? Did they discontinue it?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Discontinued? It's still on SIG's website.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Did Sig ever release a manual safety version?

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
no..they discontinued the 320 sc.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Discontinued? It's still on SIG's website.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

Interesting. I had heard they had stopped making it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
Interesting. I had heard they had stopped making it.

The XCarry is gone, but the XCompact is still around.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
The way I understand The X compact has a sub compact slide with a compact frame .

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drive a man to drink with all the different variations.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

posted Hide Post
I just bought a P320X Compact, I was looking for a carry and saw the compact and took it home. It is very fine shooter right out of the box no hiccups,I am waiting for my Talon grips to show up and a vedder iwb holster and it will be my new daily carry!

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to be on the waiting list at the SIG Pro shop, and got mine very early on.
I find that I shoot the X-Compact better than my 320 Compact and 365. It has become my EDC as well as nightstand gun, I love this pistol!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recommend finding a later model that has a traditional rear dovetail.

SIG fixed two things on the Pro Series slides.
The optic screws are now top->down as opposed to coming up through the bottom of the slide.
The presence of a rear dovetail.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The 320 Xcompact has the slide with the removable plate with the sight on it.
The 320 Xcompact RXP has a rear dovetail on the slide and uses Xray3 suppressor sights.

So if you have a 320 Xcompact and install a RXZ or similar you lose the iron sights.
If you want to have suppressor sights and a RD then get the RXP model to start with.
I almost got the 320 Xcompact and was just going to add an optic later on till I seen that.
Now I'm just going to get the RXP to start with but will wait till this shit show calms down a bit.

Edited to add: The RXP also comes with a plate if you want to remove the optic.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
The 320 Xcompact has the slide with the removable plate with the sight on it.
The 320 Xcompact RXP has a rear dovetail on the slide and uses Xray3 suppressor sights.

So if you have a 320 Xcompact and install a RXZ or similar you lose the iron sights.
If you want to have suppressor sights and a RD then get the RXP model to start with.
I almost got the 320 Xcompact and was just going to add an optic later on till I seen that.
Now I'm just going to get the RXP to start with but will wait till this shit show calms down a bit.

Edited to add: The RXP also comes with a plate if you want to remove the optic.

This ^^^

The takeaways :
If you want to "Future-Proof" your purchase look for RXP or Professional Series.
That way your slide will be cut for Romeo1 Pro/Delta Point Pro and you will have a rear dovetail.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
The P320 XCompact is easily my favorite for CCW. Purchased one a couple of months ago and it quickly displaced my Gen 4 G19 for daily carry. The grip contours fit my hand much better than the G19. Added the Olight Valkyrie PL-Mini 2 and Werkz M6 light bearing holster with OWB belt loops option. I much prefer OWB to IWB when conditions permit it.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post