SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who do we like for Glock mods?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for Glock mods? Login/Join 
Picture of caneau
posted
Let's say a "friend" of mine was interested in modifying their Glock. They were thinking of a few things:
- RMR slide cut
- Frame reprofiling
- Reliable, drop in trigger

Where would this friend go? Which companies and parts would be use? Would he need to refinish either frame or slide after the work was done? What should they use as their base gun?

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I stippled mine. Then shot it. The end.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
When say "I" I meant I had it done:

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warpig i miss Polymer Refined, glad i got a few glocks done by him before he closed shop.

slide work, for me is Jagerwerks #1, but you have about a dozen other quality companies out there. ATEi, Fire 4 Effect, Danger Close Armament, Innovative Gunfighter solutions (IGFS) to name a few.

Triggers I would Say IGFS, Overwatch, Agency, and Apex.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Warpig i miss Polymer Refined, glad i got a few glocks done by him before he closed shop.

slide work, for me is Jagerwerks #1, but you have about a dozen other quality companies out there. ATEi, Fire 4 Effect, Danger Close Armament, Innovative Gunfighter solutions (IGFS) to name a few.

Same here. This was one of the very last frames he did. Should have sent them all in.

posted Hide Post
Two of frames done by Polymer Refined, Puzzle Matrix first (slide is not mine, Kent used it for pic) and second one is his diamond texture.

This is a 23 converstion that is my EDC, with Jagerwerks slide, 5B stipple, Overwatch trigger, S3F 23 conversion barrel.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Same here. This was one of the very last frames he did. Should have sent them all in.

That is classy work.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
quote:

That is classy work.

He was priced reasonably, turn around time was usually within a week, and did great work.

posted Hide Post
Another option for Stipple is NAF solutions, this is the Chaos he just did on my BFG 19

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
There's some really nice work shown here. But to be honest I'd feel guilty asking someone to breathe in all of those noxious fumes that off-gas as a result of a hot iron hitting polymer. Short of using a hazmat suit and proper filtered breathing gear, I can't imagine a long healthy life for anyone who did this kind of work day in, day out, while enveloped by the haze and smoke of melted polymer. Me being the curmudgeon but after experimenting with stippling myself on some spare polymer parts and occasionally using a hot iron to cut paracord, it's how I see it.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
That basket weave pattern looks great.

posted Hide Post
The guy who does the frames from Polymer Refined must be part wizard as I can't see how he does that Matrix version. Incredible work.

As far as triggers, there are quite a few. I have a ZEV fulcrum in mine and really like it. It has a "competition" connector that comes with the package and makes for an unbelievable trigger pull. Mind you, it is very light and I can understand why they say it is for "competition" only. The package comes with many extras some don't-extra connectors,striker springs,and a few other small parts. I got mine for about $140.00 shipped from the G.B. auction site. It has a nice curved trigger face and is wider than the factory which offers a good comfortable feel.

As far as an rmr cut and frame work, I had some work done by Loki Tactical in Fl. and there turn around is quick and their prices are fair. They sometimes have better deals around holidays. There work is flawless and amazing,especially for slide work. I have never heard of anyone complain and I personally know many people that had all kinds of work done by them and they are more than pleased. I will eventually get more work done by them.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yea that is 5B, he is booked out almost a year last i checked. You can secure a spot with 1/2 down.

Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I say either Ben Simonon or David Service.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
I say either Ben Simonon or David Service.

who are they with, looking up the names did not give me much.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yea that is 5B, he is booked out almost a year last i checked. You can secure a spot with 1/2 down.

Eek I'll have changed platforms twice by then Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eek I'll have changed platforms twice by then Big Grin

i know that's about right. have a CZ P10C coming in today that is going off to Jagerwerks for some slide work.

posted Hide Post
I like stock, with factory trigger (use smooth trigger for serrated models, but factory trigger), slide, recoil springs, etc. I use a factory minus connector, and install Trijicon HD orange sights. I like the Vickers magazine release, though the factory extended with some slight sanding works well, too.

Most grip stippling looks, feels, and functions terribly, and most of them will gear up your hand if you shoot the pistol much. I don't change the factory grip.

Some of the pictures above make for attractive pistols, but I'll stick with stock.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I like stock, with factory trigger (use smooth trigger for serrated models, but factory trigger), slide, recoil springs, etc. I use a factory minus connector, and install Trijicon HD orange sights. I like the Vickers magazine release, though the factory extended with some slight sanding works well, too.

Most grip stippling looks, feels, and functions terribly, and most of them will gear up your hand if you shoot the pistol much. I don't change the factory grip.

Some of the pictures above make for attractive pistols, but I'll stick with stock.

That's so boring. It's also exactly what I carry in G19 form sans the minus connector. But not the question I'm asking. Big Grin

My aforementioned friend has plenty of Glocks and is looking to modify a G17. It'll never be a defensive gun.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I will respectfully disagree as far as the stippling particularly when it comes to my 19s, i can live with out it for my 17.

Makes a world of difference, locks into my hand, long days of training have no ill effects.