SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Downside to CZ-75 Omega Trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Downside to CZ-75 Omega Trigger? Login/Join 
posted
A local forum has the CZ Omega shown below for sale for $550. Almost within my reach ... Frown I don't have a can but I like the high profile sights and steel construction. That said, it sounds like CZ has discontinued the Omega trigger for at least the CZ-75 anyway. Is there something or anything wrong or problematic with the Omega trigger/pistol?

I did search here before posting this and didn't see where someone had asked the same question. Seems like a pretty good price given it's stated immaculate condition. It would only be for range use for me ...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That's one sweet piece, Omega triggers are "supposedly" easier to work on and are smoother.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only complaint is the DA pull is very heavy. Of course, it was designed to be heavy so....

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The Omega design is simpler to build and assemble...and disassemble when the time comes for detail cleaning. The primary drawback is the lack of support in the aftermarket and from within CZ itself, primarily for those customers wanting a customized setup or a gun with a tuneable trigger. It's not that such customization isn't possible, it's just that no one is doing anything for the Omega design because the basic trigger setup is purportedly far easier to work with.

Early on a good buddy who happens to be a die-hard CZ fanboy touted that the Omega was far superior to the standard trigger setup. All I can say that in the intervening years I've found no such clear superiority of one over the other. They're both pretty much so-so right out of the box.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 75 with the Omega trigger. Out of the box it was decent in double action. Very usable. With use it smoothed out. I got impatient and modified it using maybe $50 worth of parts from Cajun Gun Works. Now it is a fantastic trigger with maybe a sub 8 pound double action and short reset. Really nice gun.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The only downside is there's more spare parts for the regular trigger. I'm not sure that you can replace the trigger shoe on an Omega with one made for the standard pistol, but I could be wrong.

Besides, a lighter hammer spring will fix 90% of the heavy triggers out there.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post