SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handled a 320 X5 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handled a 320 X5 today Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I stopped by the LGS today after a little range time. I had and sold a P320 when they first came out. I wasn't very impressed with the trigger pull, and this was before aftermarket triggers were available. I've been contemplating a P320 X Carry when they become available. The LGS didn't have an X Carry, but they did have an X5. I liked the feel of the grip and trigger, but the trigger pull still didn't appeal to me. The G40 I had just finished shooting has a much better trigger pull than the X5 in my opinion. Of course I have a Skimmer trigger in my G40. I'm thinking I'll need to have Grayguns work their magic before I would be happy with a P320. The question is should I wait for the X Carry or just get a regular 320 and send it off? The better question is should I just be happy with wha I already have. I was surprised and disappointed with the X5 trigger pull. For those that have them, are you happy with the out of box trigger pulls on them? Maybe the one I handled was an Anomaly?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Tacops and like the trigger a lot. I handled an X5 yesterday and am up in the air about it. Not wild about the skinny front sight. Everything else except that stupid magwell is pretty good.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I have one P320, an F in 357SIG that came out of the box with a trigger that I can only describe as light, short and clean. From what others have said, I'm also starting to get the impression that there's some sort of range in the quality of trigger pulls on the P320s that have come onto the market so far. If that's true, then maybe it makes sense to wait a bit and see whether you find one with a trigger you like or SIG starts delivering triggers that you're happier with.

If you opt for sending one off to Grayguns, why not call them up, tell them what you don't like about the trigger, and see what they can tell you? You might also ask them whether they'd recommend starting with a 320 or an X5.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I stopped by the LGS today after a little range time. I had and sold a P320 when they first came out. I wasn't very impressed with the trigger pull, and this was before aftermarket triggers were available. I've been contemplating a P320 X Carry when they become available. The LGS didn't have an X Carry, but they did have an X5. I liked the feel of the grip and trigger, but the trigger pull still didn't appeal to me. The G40 I had just finished shooting has a much better trigger pull than the X5 in my opinion. Of course I have a Skimmer trigger in my G40. I'm thinking I'll need to have Grayguns work their magic before I would be happy with a P320. The question is should I wait for the X Carry or just get a regular 320 and send it off? The better question is should I just be happy with wha I already have. I was surprised and disappointed with the X5 trigger pull. For those that have them, are you happy with the out of box trigger pulls on them? Maybe the one I handled was an Anomaly?

Your experience is no different from mine recently. The LGS guy had his and even let me shoot it. Yup, totally underwhelmed. X-Five? Puhleeze... Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 X5 so maybe my expectations were too high, but although I liked the ergonomics of the trigger on it, the pull itself wasn't anything better than others I've tried. With the new striker fired guns coming onto the scene with better and better triggers out of the box, you would hope that an X5 would be outstanding!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I sorta look at it like this. The X Five name doesn't mean "X FIVE". It means the high end version of that particular pistol line. The All Around is still an X Five 226. The 320 X Five is still a 320. It comes with a lot of features that make the gun well worth it, in my opinion. But, it still doesn't make it an All Around. The 320 X five actually functions. Razz

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I know it won't happen soon, but I'd like an X 5 grip module for my Tacops. I handled a different 320 X 5 yesterday and might have bought it if the guy hadn't offered me shit for my Security Six and Ruger LW Commander in 9mm. And I mean shit prices. I know they are a business, but shit is still shit.
Anyway, my point is that my Tacops is great but the beavertail grip module would make it perfect.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I didn't buy it with all of this recall nonsense. That would have sucked.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Glad I didn't buy it with all of this recall nonsense. That would have sucked.

It's "voluntary upgrade". Yup, that's right. Repeat after us. "Voluntary upgrade".

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently shot a 320 X5 and really like it, I would buy one if I had the funds.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I recently shot a 320 X5 and really like it, I would buy one if I had the funds.

Same here. There's a guy who brings one to our weekly Steel Challenge matches. He let me shoot it.
I could seriously consider a future move to the X-Five solely for SC matches. Just something about it that works for me.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
Ive got a Grayguns CELTS tuned P320 X5 and it makes an unbelievable difference, even compared to just the PELT drop in trigger. The improvements Bruce and his team do are so well engineered to provide consistent, perfect results.

I am a little hesitant about how this will shake out with the "voluntary upgrade" situation but I believe that Bruce will stand by his work 100% and make sure those who have had his work done will have a solution provided.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I shot one today and while I liked it and I shot it well, My Canick has a better trigger. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post