SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P224 for me, after more than a Decade of waiting....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P224 for me, after more than a Decade of waiting.... Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
First off, I was one of the vocal ones who wanted a ( Sub) Compact Sig P229 since mid 2000's. I had it in my signature line. I was at the great SigForum shoot in 2006, at the Mothership in New Hampshire, and talked with both a few execs, and Engineers about a double stack compact, since the P239 was the real only option at the time.

We all know it came in 2012, and was gone in a few years due to price, weight , issues, whatever...... But the itch was always there, even though I openly said I wouldn't buy it.

Well, It happened. I had experience with a few 9's, and liked. But a friend recently bought a 40, and a 357 barrel with it. We shot it up a few weeks ago, and being a SiG Junkie, fell off the wagon Roll Eyes .

Found one NEW IN BOX, SAS model, for a decent price, and since it has a New Gun Warranty, I bough one. I even have a 357 barrel for it. I pounded out 250 rounds this Am, with only one misfeed in first magazine. Hard not to like the SRT trigger, 40 and 357 power, and it sure does shoot well in my hand Big Grin . Now I just have to accumulate spare mags and parts.....

On to the required pics....
Sorry for cell phone pics, cant find the proprietary charger for the camera Mad

New in Box, 99% condition.

Ready for break in.....

Proof is in the target, 10 yards. I Like Cool

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think you will not regret the purchase. I never have.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Those P224 SAS are becoming extremely difficult to come by now, good score! You'll love it!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7940092924

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have owned a P224 since they first came out.

Mine is a 357SIG. The other one I had access to at the time was a Tactical chambered for 40S&W.

The Tactical 40 was never released, it was built up by one of the SIG employees as a "What If"

I think they are great. I can even comfortably pocket carry one if I am wearing the 5.11 Covert Khakis

I think I only have 4 or 5 of the 224 length magazines. I have 4 P229 magazines set up with the X-grip spacer in place

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
I think you will not regret the purchase. I never have.

No regrets in the 40. I never liked the G-27 in 40, hard on my hand. My P2000sk 40 in LEM was much better, but I just couldn't get the LEm trigger.

The P224 just loves the 40, and with the SiG trigger and sights, shoots like my larger Sigs.

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mech:
Those P224 SAS are becoming extremely difficult to come by now, good score! You'll love it!

How True. Might have to keep a spare around Smile

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
I have owned a P224 since they first came out.

Mine is a 357SIG. The other one I had access to at the time was a Tactical chambered for 40S&W.

The Tactical 40 was never released, it was built up by one of the SIG employees as a "What If"

I think they are great. I can even comfortably pocket carry one if I am wearing the 5.11 Covert Khakis

I think I only have 4 or 5 of the 224 length magazines. I have 4 P229 magazines set up with the X-grip spacer in place

Interesting Grips. Sanded poly, or some sort of sanded Carbon Fiber ???

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I have one I bought from a member here some months ago. It was a .40 and he had added a 9mm barrel. It shot fine with the 9mm, but had issues with the .40. After some fiddling on my own, recoil springs and such, I took it to Robert Burke for his carry action, QTR trigger and if possible square away the .40 feeding issues. The 9mm is great. The action job and the QTR trigger have turned a gun that I shot well into a joy that is now better than I am by a long shot. The .40 just is unpleasant to shoot and I won’t miss it.

FYI Topgun Supply had the extra mags I needed. Both extended(15rd) and the short(12rd).

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
. The action job and the QTR trigger have turned a gun that I shot well into a joy that is now better than I am by a long shot. The .40 just is unpleasant to shoot and I won’t miss it.

How does the QTR feel compared to SiG's SRT ???

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

posted Hide Post
I have a P224 9mm and it is just a pleasure to shoot...very accurate and easy to conceal.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I have one I bought from a member here some months ago. It was a .40 and he had added a 9mm barrel. It shot fine with the 9mm, but had issues with the .40. After some fiddling on my own, recoil springs and such, I took it to Robert Burke for his carry action, QTR trigger and if possible square away the .40 feeding issues. The 9mm is great. The action job and the QTR trigger have turned a gun that I shot well into a joy that is now better than I am by a long shot. The .40 just is unpleasant to shoot and I won’t miss it.

FYI Topgun Supply had the extra mags I needed. Both extended(15rd) and the short(12rd).

Had the same feed problem with 40. Never a problem with 357 or 9. Under warranty so sent it to Sig. Bad extractor was the problem.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I do agree-224 is a great pistol. Really like the grip extenders which I haven't found anywhere--only on factory Sig 224 mags.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I do agree-224 is a great pistol. Really like the grip extenders which I haven't found anywhere--only on factory Sig 224 mags.

Check the link I posted earlier in this thread. You can do your own for the 10 rd mags

posted Hide Post
I've looked at them; I got to shoot one at a Sig range day when factory reps showed up with a big pile to sell and shoot. The 224 wouldn't run more than a few rounds without a malfunction.

No lubrication. The reps pulled the pistols out of the box and handed them to shooters, and they were very unreliable. I was surprised and disappointed, as I'm sure with proper lubrication they'd have been fine. I was surprised that they didn't run based on factory lube.

A 224 is on the to-do list.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post