SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    IWB magazine carrier with steel spring clip recommendation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWB magazine carrier with steel spring clip recommendation? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I have a single mag carrier (Glock 17 rd mag in it) I've been using for years now. It has been 'okay', but not 'great'. I say that because the kydex clip it uses seems to allow for a lot of wiggle. I'm hoping to find a replacement that uses a steel spring clip like my Stealthgear holster.

Any suggestions?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the clip is removable, you can get a replacement thru Amazon. I bought an assortment because I don't like "tuckable" holster clips.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vedder holsters uses metal clips on their mag carriers.

Posts: 116 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I have a single mag carrier (Glock 17 rd mag in it) I've been using for years now. It has been 'okay', but not 'great'. I say that because the kydex clip it uses seems to allow for a lot of wiggle. I'm hoping to find a replacement that uses a steel spring clip like my Stealthgear holster.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible that the clip you are using is for a 1.75" belt and you have a 1.5" belt?

A trick that I have done to add a bit more tension, is to add a strip of male velcro to the insides of the clip. That allows it to grab the belt better. If you have a nylon belt with a velcro closure, it really locks down once it's on.

Here are some metal clips you might want to take a look at. I personally have not tried these, but they seem to be well liked.
https://discreetcarryconcepts....ear-Clips™-c26960683

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FM39LNB

Take a look at these. I have a pair and like them. Pretty inexpensive and comfortable.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post