SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .45 GAP. Would you?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.45 GAP. Would you? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If they sold it at every WallyWorld and it was cheap, yes i would. I had a g37 once, nice gun, but i traded it for a g21. Ammo was tough to find. I thought about buying a 37 to use strictly for dry firing, but only because the guns are about the cheapest glock i can find right now.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The short answer is no.

I played with it about 10 years ago, just before the ammo began to slip into obscurity. It could still be had at the big box stores.

I had a Glock 38. It was reliable as a Glock is expected to be. But the performance of the ammo was no more stunning or exciting than a .40 or .45.

In other words, steel plates and poppers fall just as well with a forty, and the forty is now not that much more than nine, and there is plenty around.

The GAP slipped into unavailable status during the ammo shortage of 2013, and it has not come back.

I still see new Glock 37 pistols in stores that stock a complete line of Glock products.

It is now for the collector who wants anything and everything Glock.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No. That cartridge failed the test of time.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We had a healthy batch of 45GAP ammo during the aftermath of Sandy Hook. Actually it was already in our inventory before The Panic; why I don't know. No one back then would fess up to buying it into the shop.

Like before the craziness, almost none of it sold because our regular customer base didn't own anything that shot the stuff. We've never carried the Glocks in that caliber and outside of one or two off-the-street customers who mentioned they owned one of the GAP guns we just never had any interest in the stuff. What ammo we had we ultimately moved most of it off about a year ago to another dealer, selling it at a loss. The owner kept a few boxes, just in case.

But I'm betting that they'll turn to dust before they'll actually sell.

Unless you're into niche and unusual stuff, there's just no purpose for .45GAP.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope. And hell nope. I do not require yet another bastard, orphaned, piece of ordnance. There are to many other options that can take it's place.

I went as far as .50AE, but that is my limit.

H&K-Guy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H&K-Guy,

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
.45 ACP!

Absolutely no reason for the .45 GAP, accept to massage Gaston's ego.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Nope no way on the 45GAP. After going through all of the service pistol calibers over the years I'm all 9mm now with maybe a .45ACP eventually for sentimentality.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post