SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 tactical or Glock 19X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK VP9 tactical or Glock 19X Login/Join 
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I own both, you can't go wrong with either one. The Glock has the longer track record, the HK VP9 is still relatively new but with HK's reputation, I don't expect any major issues to come up.

Just pick the one that feels best to you. If they both feel good and you have a hard time deciding, then you could always buy both.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the VP9 due to ergonomics and the fact that it’s MUCH more fun to shoot (for me, at least). I can definitely appreciate Glocks for what they are, though.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
I still haven't learned which mags are incompatible with the G19x because everything I put in mine worked

Gen5 mags.

K, thanks.
Is 17 round mag that comes with the 19x Gen4, or it has some special base plate?

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
Have both and they are solid guns. If for can use, the VP9T for obvious reasons.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is 17 round mag that comes with the 19x Gen4, or it has some special base plate?

base plate.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:
If they both feel good and you have a hard time deciding, then you could always buy both.

I took your advice bought both. Big Grin

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the G19X. It's really no different to me than a G17. The slide is a bit shorter; that's about it. It uses any of my G17 mags; they all have Vickers baseplates.

I don't find the Gen 5 frame to be any significant improvement over the Gen 3 or 4, personally. It's comfortable, but feels and shoots like any other Glock.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post