SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 tactical or Glock 19X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK VP9 tactical or Glock 19X Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
At LGS looking for my next pistol. Narrowed it down down to HK VP9 tactical or Glock 19X. Looks like both come with 3 magazines. What one do I get?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
me personally after thousands of rounds of testing prefer the 19x. But having said that if I was looking at a 19x today I'd get a 45. it fixes nearly all of the various minor issues in the 19x.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I really like my vp9 and have a Glock 19 gen 5. Magazines/parts are going to be cheaper on the Glock platform, if that is a concern.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
hrcjon, what do you believe are the minor issues with the 19X that are fixed by the G45? Thank you. Tom

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
me personally after thousands of rounds of testing prefer the 19x. But having said that if I was looking at a 19x today I'd get a 45. it fixes nearly all of the various minor issues in the 19x.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the biggest issue is that you can't use '
normal' G17 mags in a 19x without modifying the frame or baseplate. The G45 fixes that. In addition the slide shape is better for everyone on the 45. And lastly even though I love poop colored guns (I have lots of them) you can get a 45 in black.

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brother. Tom

quote:
For me the biggest issue is that you can't use '
normal' G17 mags in a 19x without modifying the frame or baseplate. The G45 fixes that. In addition the slide shape is better for everyone on the 45. And lastly even though I love poop colored guns (I have lots of them) you can get a 45 in black.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both - vp9t and 19x - and without hesitation prefer the 19x.

3k rounds through the vp9, and once I bought the 19x, the vp9 has not come out of the safe.

5100 rounds through the Glock and no issues.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a purely personal choice issue, as both are fine guns! I don't know many with VP: but those that have them, swear by them!

The main reason I'd pick a Glock (have 3 and is now what I carry, due to weight issues with my back and hip issues) is "aftermarket support" when it comes to sights, mags,etc, plus the mag compatibility for my Spike's 9 PCC that takes any capacity Glock mags. While the possibility
might be remote, I like the fact that so many
"friendlies", even "un-friendlies" carry Glocks, especially in 9mm that makes "sharing/scrounging" easier with mag and ammo
commonality and compatibility. Like many of you.
I like to customize/personalize my vehicles and firearms, etc.; and do with non stock KKM barrels, Crimson Trace Grips, Tru-Glo combo
fiber optic/tritium sights,etc. Also, my Glocks
(23,27,35) are also 3 caliber guns (9,40,357 Sig). Even considering a Tactical Solutions or
Advantage Arms 22 conversion? Another convenience, financial component of saving decent amount of money enhancing the actions of only 3 guns, not 9! It is my impression that neither 22 conversion kit with work with modified pistols? Did the same thing with my Sigs, 226,229; and 239. BTW sold a lot of guns
set up this way for customers, using Barsto 9mm conversion barrels and either OEM Sig or Barsto
357 Sig barrels. Many, including me, ended up using the Barsto's for all calibers. KKM was rumored to begin offering barrels for Sig; but haven't done so yet and no word when they might?
Great barrels for Glocks though and you don't have to wait 3-4 months to get them!

Just my $.02!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The 19x is better in every way IMHO, though the VP9 is an excellent pistol. They have the new G45 out, but I like the 19x color better. Not a huge fan of FCS either. Plus my G19x can shoot underwater with its maritime spring cups! Wink

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the newer HK pistol line has the best grip features/choices on a handgun. With that said, I sold my VP9 to get a Glock gen 4. I wanted to love the newer Hk pistols,(had a P30 as well), but the hump in the trigger guard and the mag release would start to scrape against my trigger finger after shooting the pistol.It was just annoying. I think HK listened to that issue and that some people did not like the paddle release and changed the frame to an American style mag release with the newer model-the VP9-B. I am not sure what changes were made to the frame as far as size goes to accommodate the new release but it does look different to me.

They are both fine pistols but the Glock just seems to suit my needs more and like the others have said their are more options for them and more aftermarket support and that is what swayed me. Magazines are cheaper, (with the Glock 45 using standard bases) and can be swapped into other Glock platforms,although now HK is doing the same with the VP9SK.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lincoln, tell me which pools you frequent, so can
BOLO in case you are "in your cups"? LOL

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me the biggest issue is that you can't use 'normal' G17 mags in a 19x without modifying the frame or baseplate. The G45 fixes that.

To be fair, 99% of the Glock 17 magazines on the market work just fine in the G19X. And the base plates are only $2 each if you have gen 5 magazines, so you can swap back to the old style base plates that will work fine.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still haven't learned which mags are incompatible with the G19x because everything I put in mine worked.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19x Didn't do anything for me, id vote VP9.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Glock 19 but I have something awfully close, a Glock 45. I also have a HK VP9.

As far as I'm concerned, it's HK all the way. The HK for me anyway, is just more comfortable to hold, and much more accurate to shoot.

There may be some advantages to the Glock such as cheaper magazines and a larger selection of after market parts, but to me it's more important to have a pistol that's comfortable to shoot, is accurate, and is dependable, and that's what my VP9 has been for me.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I loved my vp 9,except for one big issue for me.

The slide release lever was a bear to depress.

I sold the gun for that reason.I like a smooth very little pressure lever to drop the slide.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still haven't learned which mags are incompatible with the G19x because everything I put in mine worked

Gen5 mags.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
For me...neither.

I do like my VP9; it's a great shooter. But I'm stuck on Glock for those 'when it counts' sort of thingies. Plus I've been with them like forever, and through all of that time they've not steered me wrong (well except for the Gen4 rust issues). Kinda like the slide color of the G19X but I'd rather have the G45 due to its clean magwell opening. The slickness of the Gen5 nDLC slide finish makes the forward serrations almost a no-brainer, though their execution is rather dull and unsightly to me. And though I own Glocks with different frame colors, black over black just feels right at home. So it would be the G45 for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would normally say go glock. I personally don't get the x design, or Sigs Carry framed guns.

I will say that my hk vp9 tactical is hands down my most accurate pistol. My dad and father in law were over one day (neither one of them are avid shooters) and all three of us were hitting a steel silhouette at 275' almost every time.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both are great pistols so you'd be fine with either.
I chose the 19X and I couldn't be happier. That's me tho.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post