SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG ever make P220 railed with carbon slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG ever make P220 railed with carbon slide? Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted
Did SIG ever make a P220 with an internal extractor carbon/folded steel slide on a railed frame?

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I recall seeing a few at one time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The SIG P226 was certainly released in this configuration.

In checking my records I can only find a reference to a batch of new production non-railed SIG P220s released with the stamped carbon steel slide a few years ago...but I'm fairly certain that Sigfreund is correct and that there were a batch of railed ones released as well.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Yes, post-2000. 2004, iirc.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Yes, post-2000. 2004, iirc.

That time frame is what I was thinking, if they did exist. Thanks SIG braintrust.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I owned one at one point. Very nice pistol. Frame was marked Germany.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
You learn something new every day. I didn't know they existed.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one, sold it on the forum here I bought it new in the early 2000's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dusty3030,

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post