SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Let's see some 686 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see some 686 grips Login/Join 
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted
I have one with the Hogue mono grip and I just don't care for them at all. What are your 686s wearing for grips?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 2.5" 686 that came with the Hogue grips, and I am not a fan of them either. My favorite revolver grip is just the service style with a grip adaptor.

2.5" 686-4 with Altamonts on top, 2" 64-2 with stock magnas on the bottom.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
I have one with the Hogue mono grip and I just don't care for them at all. What are your 686s wearing for grips?

I also have a 2.5" 686-3 and a 2" 64-4 like the post above.

If you wanna stay with rubber, my prefs are the full size Pachmyar Compac (because it covers the backstrap) followed by the Hogue Bantam (because it just feels great to me).

For wood offerings, I'm partial to the Ahrends grips.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 686's are 4 inch and I prefer the smooth wood
Hogue / Jerry Miculek design

(My grips do not have the JW carved on the side)

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, rubber grips just never have felt right to me. I'll take a look at some of the wood grips mentioned. I did shoot it yesterday and it shoots like a dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Here's some of what I'm using. These are not 686's, but the L frame and K frame grips are the same...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Check out the grips at Altamont Company.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running a set of the Altamont round to square butt conversion grips with laser engraving that came stock on my 357 series 5" 686 plus. I've heard mixed reviews, but I like them and they're only like $40ish.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 4" 686-4+ wearing Altamont conversions. I like them, especially for the money.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post