SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a Python....again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a Python....again Login/Join 
posted
So the first pistol I ever had was a Ruger MKI that my Dad bought me when I was 15.
First gun I ever bought as soon as I turned 21 was a beautiful NIB 4" Blue Colt Python for $250.
Over 40+ years, I've owned a bunch of them, 2.5", 3", 4", 6", 8", Blue, Stainless, Nickel.....you get the idea.
So Pythons came and went until I sold my last one, a 6" Stainless, and since I do have some revolvers, mostly S&W snubbers, I rarely shoot them.
So I swore off Pythons.
Right.....
Went into the LGS last week and found this one, shooter grade, Blue, 6". Mechanically excellent, finish not too bad. Two small spots of pitting on the crane, got to look for it, and lots of minor surface scratches/marks, not enough to warrant a refinish.
So once again, I have a Python.
Cool

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new addition to the Family

I have also always enjoyed Pythons

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good find. Great gun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
Great find! Congratulations. I got lucky and found one a few years ago, but would love another.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats, enjoy, sir. Smile

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice find there DLC. I have a 6" blued one with rubber grips too, did they come from the factory with rubber grips or would they be aftermarket adds?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I wish Colt would remake these things.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up DLC762. I've wanted a Python for the last 25+ years and I enjoy see pics of them.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The original Snake!!! I had a couple over the years, but not now. Nice catch.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Bought mine, a 4 inch blued model over forty years ago too for $239. I still have it.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Great find!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Nice find there DLC. I have a 6" blued one with rubber grips too, did they come from the factory with rubber grips or would they be aftermarket adds?

This one is from the late '70's and should have had the checkered wood grips, this one had "Colt" grips on it but they were new and not original to this
gun.
I believe later date Pythons came with the black rubber w/ medallions.
Luckily, I had only sold my last one a little over two years ago and hadn't gotten around to cleaning out the Python accessories box.
The grips were in there, along with the speed loaders. I found the wooden grips in the pick in there too, but can't find the right grip screw to use them.

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I bought a nice blued 4" Python a few years back and it is one of my favorites.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful revolvers. I shot one once and yeah...they really are that good. They have gone up so much in value they’re pretty much out of reach for me. Congrats on a great find!

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to find a shooter grade one. The one I have is a collector and is still unfired.
I have thought about shooting it but because of sentimental reasons, it sits in the safe.
Very nice pistol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but...
I don't understand the "come and go" part. I hear frequently of people who buy, sell, and replace the same model.
If I have a use for a gun or just think it neat to own, I keep it. If I don't, I will sell or trade it in favor of something I like better.
If I were to sell my Pythons, there would be no more.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Looks good, but...
I don't understand the "come and go" part. I hear frequently of people who buy, sell, and replace the same model.
If I have a use for a gun or just think it neat to own, I keep it. If I don't, I will sell or trade it in favor of something I like better.
If I were to sell my Pythons, there would be no more.

Yeah, I know....but I'm fickle.
Wink

posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post