SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you cross a CZ with a 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you cross a CZ with a 1911 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The only new pistol I want to see right now is a double column version of the P-210 American. Come on SIG ….
Until then I have a AR15 A1 receiver that needs a barrel..

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The rail-a-phobes are becoming like the vegans. They can't help but to make sure you know their position. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Related to the original subject....

https://www.facebook.com/DanWe...4233/?type=3&theater

Facebook link to the compact version that is available with and without a rail and uses 15 round CZ 75 mags...

Now I like this even more! The grips look interesting.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh hell yes. Poor Man's Wilson EDCX9.

The only way to make that Compact better would be to offer it with a silver or possibly blue trigger instead of red.

I'm going to start saving my pennies, and wait for the post-"gotta-be-first" price drop.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Related to the original subject....

https://www.facebook.com/DanWe...4233/?type=3&theater

Facebook link to the compact version that is available with and without a rail and uses 15 round CZ 75 mags...

Now I like this even more! The grips look interesting.

I'm friends with the guy who makes those grips for DW (along with the sights and base pads) As a matter of fact I'm delivering some cutters to him today that we spec'd out just for that "grenade" pattern. I can say that the mock up he has with the grips installed feels really good in the hand.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Darn it, another new gun with a rail.

The lack of an RMR cut is more concerning : D

After an initial thought of hot damn ... I wondered if they would make one with an optic cut ...

so, me too

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
As much as I want that compact I think I'll get the most use out of the full sized pistol for competition.
Credit card is going to feel that one.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
After an absolute nightmare and 8 months of back and forth with STI on their double stack 2011 guardian, I will never recommend their guns to anyone. CZ is head and shoulders above STI as a company. STI’s shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same thread as this gun imo.

But I digress...one thing I noticed on the compact are the mag floor plates. I modified my floor plates on my compact because the thick rubber ones snagged on my shirt and the thin metal ones had a huge nose that stuck out the front and jammed into my pinky. These look perfect!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
After an absolute nightmare and 8 months of back and forth with STI on their double stack 2011 guardian, I will never recommend their guns to anyone. CZ is head and shoulders above STI as a company. STI’s shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same thread as this gun imo.

There are some here that would say that is blaspheme and STI is a builder of the best guns on planet earth. Or that's what they told me when I made mention of STI's decline in quality over the last decade.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I need another 9mm...

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it 2020 yet?

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Ohh...Jesus...pretty sure this nailed my all time favorite.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Too bad the compact model doesn’t have the undercut trigger guard as the full size version.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Too bad the compact model doesn’t have the undercut trigger guard as the full size version.

Looks like the location of the mag catch limited how high they could go on the Compact. (The full size and compact use two different types of mags.)

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Looks like the location of the mag catch limited how high they could go on the Compact. (The full size and compact use two different types of mags.)

Well, they’re using the same grip design as the CZ75 Shadow 2, which has an undercut trigger guard. Shortening the grip shouldn’t impact mag catch location, unless they repositioned it which would be stupid given it works well for the S2.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Well, I sold off a pistol and a couple other things this weekend. I'm saving up my pennies so when this finally hits the shelf I will have the cash in hand.

posted Hide Post
Put a $100 deposit on a RAIL LESS compact.
Smile

Maryland, so it will be a while.
Frown

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a date on this yet?

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Looks like the compacts will be the first to roll out. I'm hearing they will start to hit shops around SHOT.
The full size will be out this spring.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which one, if either, uses standard CZ75 pattern mags?

EDIT never mind it’s in the original post Roll Eyes

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post