SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you cross a CZ with a 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you cross a CZ with a 1911 Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson EDC X9 that I love, but if this was an option, I might not have purchased the Wilson. I agree it is a 2011 killer too. The big downfall of the 2011 are the mags imo. This gun fixes that perfectly imo. Buying a “tuned” 2011 for a like $90 is insane.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I have a Wilson EDC X9 that I love, but if this was an option, I might not have purchased the Wilson. I agree it is a 2011 killer too. The big downfall of the 2011 are the mags imo. This gun fixes that perfectly imo. Buying a “tuned” 2011 for a like $90 is insane.

There are also a TON of people that spend $7-800 to put a steel grip with the profile of a CZ on their $3000+ 2011. This nips that right in the bud as well. You can be into this gun, a backup, and a full complement of mags for less than the price of a basic 2011 build from a quality builder.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dammit. I thought I was good on 9mm pistols for a while.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they'll sell well enough to justify one without the rail and with a rounded trigger guard.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I seeme to have reached a state of ennui when it comes to 'new' pistol designs, but this one has me interested.

Me too.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
Dammit. I thought I was good on 9mm pistols for a while.

This was what I thought......but now both this and the SIG 210 American is calling my name.....I'll have to go handle them......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
Hopefully, they'll sell well enough to justify one without the rail and with a rounded trigger guard.

I have an old 2011 that is set up this way. Seems like the demand is always for the rail and square style trigger guard. Personal preference and intended use I suppose.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:

I have an old 2011 that is set up this way. Seems like the demand is always for the rail and square style trigger guard. Personal preference and intended use I suppose.

Wanting a rail is subjective IMHO & there are several posters, me included, that would like the pistol railess. If they don’t offer the compact without a rail, I hope I can obtain one through DW’s Custom Shop... maybe that would be an option.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
...several posters, me included, that would like the pistol railess.

Yup, I'm one of those as well. Some pistols will never be made without a rail. Hopefully this one will provide that option further down the line.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely intrigued. I have been toying with the idea of a 9mm 1911 or CZ of some sort for a while. This is more interesting to me.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Compact version has the rail as an option & the mag release is swappable but the frame is Al. I also don’t like the grip texture, which I believe I tried on an Arsenal Stryk-B and it sucked.

I do like the clean lines and I’m sure they’re targeting the CCW market but I was obviously hoping for a steel frame. Frown

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I like, temptation is strong. But then I think I've already got a 229 SAO and a Hi Power...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yup, I'm one of those as well. Some pistols will never be made without a rail. Hopefully this one will provide that option further down the line.

I was over at the CZ site looking at their custom shop's CZC A01-LD, which they seem to be selling as the "Angus Special".

http://cz-usa.com/product/czc-a01-ld/

It kinda looks like they took the dustcover from the more expensive pistol, milled out the rail, and sold it on the DWX in the OP. Depending on how many non-milled dustcovers they keep on hand, they might offer them as an option eventually or at least be willing to supply one through the custom shop.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liking the Compact.
Same grips, magazines, weight as my PCR. Just a different price.
Can't wait.
I smell yet another road trip to Louisiana.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
quote:

I was over at the CZ site looking at their custom shop's CZC A01-LD, which they seem to be selling as the "Angus Special".

http://cz-usa.com/product/czc-a01-ld/

It kinda looks like they took the dustcover from the more expensive pistol, milled out the rail, and sold it on the DWX in the OP. Depending on how many non-milled dustcovers they keep on hand, they might offer them as an option eventually or at least be willing to supply one through the custom shop.

CZC's AO1 series uses a proprietary, forged frame - no milling was performed. Regardless, I prefer the S2 frame. I actually have in mind a project for CZC involving the S2 and making it compact w/a bull barrel, bushing, trigger job, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Ditch the f-in rail, and mill the slide for a red dot, and I'm sold.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
If they make it accept an rmr I’ll buy it as soon as I can

As far as 2011s

The STI staccato series is in the $1500-$2500 range. The gen 2 mags can be had for under $50. My understanding is STI is changing their lines to be more affordable. I’m sure guns like this are part of the reason

I bought a staccato-p and love it

If this can accept an rmr I’ll get one too

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The STI staccato series is in the $1500-$2500 range. The gen 2 mags can be had for under $50. My understanding is STI is changing their lines to be more affordable. I’m sure guns like this are part of the reason

If you had a dollar for every gun STI has introduced and discontinued over the last decade, you'd be able to afford your own private security force. I have no idea what they are attempting to accomplish as a company.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Related to the original subject....

https://www.facebook.com/DanWe...4233/?type=3&theater

Facebook link to the compact version that is available with and without a rail and uses 15 round CZ 75 mags...

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Related to the original subject....

https://www.facebook.com/DanWe...4233/?type=3&theater

Facebook link to the compact version that is available with and without a rail and uses 15 round CZ 75 mags...

Yee haww my checking account is in trouble..

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post