SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you cross a CZ with a 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you cross a CZ with a 1911 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The good news is that Dan Wesson's MSRPs are quite inflated. Online prices are often 25+% lower than their MSRPs.

For example, I bought a Dan Wesson Valor Commander last year for $1250, while MSRP is $1700.

And their Vigils sell for right at $1000, while MSRP is $1300.

So I expect these MSRP $1800 pistols will be selling for closer to $1300-$1400, once the initial "gotta be first" buying frenzy dies down.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It’s not gonna be inexpensive.

MSRP is $1,800

Ryan, any way you can find out if it uses a standard 1911 safety? I'm a buyer if I can change out the ambi.

Safeties, trigger components, and front sights are all 1911 compatible.

thanks for the info!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

MSRP is $1,800

Ryan, any way you can find out if it uses a standard 1911 safety? I'm a buyer if I can change out the ambi.

thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if the ambi safety will bug me or not but the rest of the pistol seems good to go. Should be able to rank up a bit in Limited division. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize I’m in the minority here, but those red grips & trigger are a worthy fashion accessory for a bargain-basement call girl.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a Shadow 2 grip, with the kink in the backstrap, but it takes standard grip panels, so I'm hoping it's closer to a standard CZ75 frame.

My Shadow 2 is a bit too big for me and it's hard to reach the trigger in DA, but SA is OK. The 1911 trigger will help with reach even if it is a Shadow 2 grip.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
I realize I’m in the minority here, but those red grips & trigger are a worthy fashion accessory for a bargain-basement call girl.

While I'm intrigued by the design, I agree with you about the colors. Good news is, if it's a standard 1911 trigger, that can be easily changed, as can the ugly grips.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

MSRP is $1,800

I just might have to buy one of these. I must admit it has really peaked my interest, even though I have a CZ 75 SA and 2 9mm 1911 governments. It's pretty heavy at 43 ounces and I wish it didn't have the damn ugly rail on it...….grips too.....LOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DW hybrid gun looks good to me. A compact like that would be ideal, if I could change the trigger, grips, and it did not have a rail. Yes, and make the frame out of aluminum. Did I just wish for DW Valkyrie that I already have? LOL.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing missing is RMR. That said, I think it is awesome. It will migrate to near the top of my wish list.

Kudos to Dan Wesson & CZ for not falling into the souless striker-fired poly trap.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Someone want to explain how a standard 1911 trigger bow fits around a double stack mag??

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Someone want to explain how a standard 1911 trigger bow fits around a double stack mag??

There are other 1911/2011 double stacks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I imagine the compact will be an affordable alternative to the Wilson Combat EDC 9X.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:

Yeah, you're in the minority.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

MSRP is $1,800

Wow!!! Looks like a good option to the 2011 series pistols!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept, but I too HATE the rail.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Me likey.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
That looks like a great addition to the market! I’m a huge CZ fan and will be tempted.

I think It will be a huge mistake if they don’t offer it with a single sided safety.

+1 I can't stand ambi safeties. This looks like an awesome new line of pistols with a great deal of possibilities.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Damn, I want one, I want one bad.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
This caught my eye as well. I have a shadow I’m trying to like, but the safety is too far forward so I can’t consistently disengage it and the trigger reach is long for my stubby fingers. this seems to maybe fix both.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
It's a 2011 killer if it works.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post