SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10mm Blackhawk. Yes please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm Blackhawk. Yes please Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted
http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKBN-104X

Just when I ordered my Vaquero Birds head 44mag. I should have waited one more week Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The birdshead Vaquero .44 was on my list this summer, but I got sidetracked with other purchases. I also ended up picking up a Redhawk in .41.

I'm not sure I see the point of a 10mm Blackhawk. A hot 10mm is more .41 magnum territory in a revolver, and while one could really push the 10mm in a Blackhawk, in a straight wall cartridge with minimal crimp, headspacing off the case mouth, I'd be concerned with bullet jump or creep. I guess for commonality with other 10mm handguns, maybe...but with the Blackhawk, why not just stick with .41 mag, .44 spl, .44 mag, or .45 Colt?

10 mm Blackhawk...I don't get it. The .44 birdshead Vaquero...now there's something worth getting!

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
This is also a large frame Blackhawk. I'm not sure if the current Blackhawk 41mag is. If it is, I'd seriously consider it. Shooting a round capable of 1000pds energy needs to be in a large frame,not medium frame. Comfort wise Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is pretty sweet but I'll probably stick to 44mag with Blackhawks. For the 10mm, I just don't see much reason to mess with anything other than my glock 20.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nifty, but not my flavor... I'm holding out for a 357 birdshead.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Neat. I bet the 10mm crowd will be pleased.

I just won an auction on a .45acp birdshead. I am hoping to have that little beast in my safe in less than 2 weeks. The birdshead just plain looks cool.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Nifty, but not my flavor... I'm holding out for a 357 birdshead.

I held a 357 Birdshead at my local gun shop. Man that felt real nice in my hand. I believe it weighs in at 37 ounces. It'll be a nice shooting/packing pistol for sure.

posted Hide Post
I dig it. I will probably end up with one. Street price will be under $700. Much cheaper than a 10mm super redhawk. This makes more sense to me as well than the SRH.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I admit I'm part of that 10MM crowd. I regret selling the S&W 610s, and a Ruger 38-40/10MM convertible, I had. My bank account may be in trouble with this oneWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The birdshead Vaquero .44 was on my list this summer, but I got sidetracked with other purchases. I also ended up picking up a Redhawk in .41.

I'm not sure I see the point of a 10mm Blackhawk. A hot 10mm is more .41 magnum territory in a revolver, and while one could really push the 10mm in a Blackhawk, in a straight wall cartridge with minimal crimp, headspacing off the case mouth, I'd be concerned with bullet jump or creep. I guess for commonality with other 10mm handguns, maybe...but with the Blackhawk, why not just stick with .41 mag, .44 spl, .44 mag, or .45 Colt?

10 mm Blackhawk...I don't get it. The .44 birdshead Vaquero...now there's something worth getting!

10mm ammo is far more common than 41 mag, not to mention the ability to shoot 40s&w.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Wish they'd do it in a double-action. A Redhawk in 10mm would be sweet. Without the heft of the Super Redhawk.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Well since Ruger offers their GP100 in 44 Special now in 3"& 5", maybe they'll offer one in 10mm if people start buying this Blackhawk.