SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock frame ceracoat? Anyone try It?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock frame ceracoat? Anyone try It? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
Wondering how it turns, is a durable?

Thanks

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Should be as durable as most anything else that gets the Cerakote treatment. HOWEVER, make darn sure that the internals surfaces of the frame are well masked off, and that the applicator who's doing the work knows just how thick he can go with the finish before the tolerances go to hell and the gun turns into an unreliable piece of crap. Quite a few of those distributor Cerakote "specials" that have hit the market these past 2-3 years have been morphed into operational and functional disasters.

We recently got one in from distribution that had been Cerakoted in a gray that had significant overspray within the frame, including along the face where the trigger bar is adjacent. That added Cerakote material was causing a conflict with the trigger bar and made a horrible mess of the action. You could not not help but feel and hear the contact. That one is so far the worst example of a poorly done coated distributor Glock that we've seen; on the outside it looks pretty good; just don't pull the trigger or else the illusion is busted.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
X WERKS in Phoenix Arizona. Go to their site. I got a Glock 19 mos Gen 5 with GlockFDE and Trijicon suppressor height sights. I’m very happy w work Go to site. Tons of pics. Colors

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
The problem with DIY products like Cerakote is that just because you can buy it doesn't mean they know how to refinish a firearm

I have been refinishing firearms for 30 years now long before DIY spray paint products like cerakote were around. The key to any good refinishing is in the prep done before to the gun before any coating is applied.

Yes you can refinish a polymer Glock frame but as it is said above make sure it is completely disassembled or at least masked off properly

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
My M11-A1 came with the FDE Cerakote.
If you like the "battle worn" look it's all that and a bag of chips.
I stopped using a Kydex holster as it just eats it off like it's Krylon.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G/19 done in Graphic black , the frame held up but the slide wore quickly .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post