SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 sse or 226 sao???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 sse or 226 sao??? Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Sig friends,
I am really wanting a 226.I have had at least one 226 for years.

In my trading and selling,i realized i was without a 226.

I have had a 226 sse,or all stainless gun,226 sport with comp,226 dak, etc.

I was ready to get a all stainless 226 sse,but the 226 sao with flat trigger really has my interest.

So for you folks who have had a 226 and a 226 sao,which pistol do you like better???

If you had the opportunity,would you go the sse or the sao 226??

Thanks for advice gents

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 Legion DA/SA, a SAO Legion and P226RX SAO. I absolutely love the SAO P226s! I would say go with the SAO. Outstanding pistol with a great trigger out of the box.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks sprg.I am really interested in a sao 226.I have not seen any bad or negative threads on them.

Unless i have missed a not happy 226 sao buyer.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the P226 SAO in any flavor is the second or third P226 you get. If you only have one P226 I think you would be best served to have a traditional DA/SA model. For what it's worth.

I have several SIGs. 4 P226s, a P226RX SAO among them as well as a DAK. I also have a couple P220s that are SAO.

While the SAO guns are awesome, if I had to get rid of all of my SIGs but 1 I'd keep my old German P226 DA/SA.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
john,
That is most of my issue.I had a german sse ,srt that was sweet.I can get a like new sse,srt for 900.00

Is the sao 226 that much better of a gun.My 226 dak was one gun i sure should have kept.My first 226 sse srt was another gun i should never have left.All were good trades,and i came out way ahead on the deals at the time.

But now you can see the dilemna i have.

This is proof that if there is any way a gun guy can keep the few good guns that really good,and shoot good,find any way to keep them.

for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
P226 SAO better??? IDK, maybe better single action than the single action of a DA/SA but not a lot better.

I better go shoot a couple mags through mine to remind myself.

for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
john,
That is most of my issue.I had a german sse ,srt that was sweet.I can get a like new sse,srt for 900.00

Is the sao 226 that much better of a gun.My 226 dak was one gun i sure should have kept.My first 226 sse srt was another gun i should never have left.All were good trades,and i came out way ahead on the deals at the time.

But now you can see the dilemna i have.

This is proof that if there is any way a gun guy can keep the few good guns that really good,and shoot good,find any way to keep them.

Yeah, the SAO trigger is quite a bit better than my DA/SA P226R in single action. Not that my P226R DA/SA is bad. It's just easier to shoot tight groups with the SAO. Maybe having the safety for a thumb rest helps a bit too.

posted Hide Post
I love the 226 platform and have both a 226 RX SAO and 226 SSE. I love both of them and it would be hard to choose what one I would pick if I had to pick one.

I love the SAO for the trigger, it has a very crisp 4 lbs pull and has zero post travel. It truly feels like the trigger does not move a hair after it shoots.

I love the SSE for the weight, it has very little felt recoil and I can shoot very quickly and keep it on target. I also love the way the stainless steel frame looks.

Both are amazing guns and what ever you end up with you will not be disappointed. Here is a picture of both of mine, I have had a good time customizing both of them.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the price the 226 Legion SAO is hard to beat, I have one and I exclusively run Mec gar 20 rdn mags. If trouble head my way the 226 Legion SAO is my choice as side arm.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the DA/SA and the SAO 226 Legions.
Yes, as sweet as the DA/SA's single action is, and it is, the SAO is noticeably better in that department
I might gather to say that I lean slightly more to the SAO but also if I had to chose only one it would be the DA/SA as it is, to me, the better all around one to have if you only are having one.

Like most of us here though the real choice is which one to get first.

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
If you are comfortable handling a SAO pistol the SIG Legion P226 SAO is a good choice. Good trigger, but not as good as Mastershop P226 SH&SM.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm an all-SAO guy, so of course I recommend the SAO, with a Robert Burke action job. You will love it!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had 4 P226's over the years and I recently took the plunge for a P226 Legion SAO. I love it! I don't give a crap about the Legion cheesy marketing campaign with the special website and challenge coin, etc. The features you get with the pistol off the shelf are a great value (sights, trigger, grips, 3 mags, etc.) and it shoots great. I'm a little concerned about the finish being kinda delicate based on other people's comments but if it gets ratty looking I work less than a mile from Robar And an NP3 finish on that gun would look great.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say both, but since you have already had the P226 Elite Stainless, you clearly need the P226 Legion SAO.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all of you gents.The shtf gun for me would be the da/sa 226 sse or ese.

But the light 1911 break of a sao really makes me a better shooter.May be i should find a tme 9mm.

Or find a x series mastershop gun.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
I agree with all of you gents.The shtf gun for me would be the da/sa 226 sse or ese.

But the light 1911 break of a sao really makes me a better shooter.May be i should find a tme 9mm.

Or find a x series mastershop gun.

The SAO trigger is a nice treat. Mine breaks at 3.25lbs. out of the box.

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently purchased a P226 Elite ASE and really am pleased with it.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Buy both then convert the SSE to SAO if possible.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Just picked this up used, locally.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I love the 226 platform and have both a 226 RX SAO and 226 SSE. I love both of them and it would be hard to choose what one I would pick if I had to pick one.

I love the SAO for the trigger, it has a very crisp 4 lbs pull and has zero post travel. It truly feels like the trigger does not move a hair after it shoots.

I love the SSE for the weight, it has very little felt recoil and I can shoot very quickly and keep it on target. I also love the way the stainless steel frame looks.

Both are amazing guns and what ever you end up with you will not be disappointed. Here is a picture of both of mine, I have had a good time customizing both of them.

@ Factor8 - Where did you get the flat trigger for your P226 SAO RX?

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post