SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2 new Sig acquisitions at the gun show today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 new Sig acquisitions at the gun show today Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
This week I decided to part with my (3) P229's (I had one of each flavor, 9mm, .357 Sig and .40 S&W) to consolidate calibers and buy some new things that I would shoot more.

It just so happened there is a gun show within 5 minutes of my house this weekend so my friend and I went early. Literally as we walked in a guy behind me was interested in my 9mm P229 and ended up buying it and the extra mags on the spot (sweet!) We then walked around the show for about 45 minutes when I happened upon a guy who was interested in my 2 remaining P229's but wasn't really wanting to spend the cash for them. I noticed he had a P220 SAO in decent condition for $750; and me being a P220 fan, I proposed a trade, which he ultimately agreed upon.

He got my 2 P229's and 4 total mags and I got the P220 SAO with 2 mags and $300 cash. I really wasn't looking for another P220, but this does complete my set (at least that's what I tell myself...just like I said last month Big Grin ) I feel like both of us did ok on the trade.

We then did some more walking around and just before we were about to leave my friend spotted a new P320 compact 45 (exactly like what I was looking for.) I ended up getting it for $534 after tax and it came with 3 mags.

All in all it was a good day and I'm happy with what I got in both trade and sale. I still have money left and will put that towards another new pistol, more than likely a VP9 to replace the one I sold 2 years ago to my brother.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Love the 220 SAO. I miss mine badly.
Congrats on the pistols.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
My P220 SAO is my most accurate Sig and I love the trigger.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well done. Being a 220 fan, I'd love to stumble upon that SAO. Have never shot one, but looking foward to giving one a try.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Nice score!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post