SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Rimfire conversion kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Rimfire conversion kits Login/Join 
posted
A few years ago Sig sold 22LR conversion kits for the P220 , they came with a complete slide and barrel assembly and a mag. Has Sig stopped making these? I saw a few on Flea Bay for $600 plus!... anyone? Thanks.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I found one of the P220 kits about seven years ago.

The prices had went up quite a bit when I wanted one for a P226.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One just sold on GB for $400 and had a lot of bidders. Had 3 mags.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think Sig makes any of the .22lr conversion kits available any longer. Most online auctions go for as much or more than a new high quality .22lr semi auto pistol. If you can get one for $400 you'd be doing very good. I've seen some go for over $700. Crazy. I stopped tracking them a couple months ago due to the high prices being asked.

If I could get one at a decent price for the non rail P229 I would. But again, they went out of production a long time ago. I'm going from memory here but I thought Sig blew out their inventory of these at around $180. So, yeah, a used kit for twice their original selling price? I'm not in need of another .22lr so no, I'll wait.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t bother, especially at the current prices. I’ve had a couple of these kits for my non-rail P229. One with threaded barrel, one without. Even with the recommended higher velocity (pricier) ammo, had too many FTF. Having to clear FTFs so often took the fun away. Sold both kits.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone here gave a heads up about the factory selling them many moons ago. Probly 8-10 years back. I grabbed a P226 kit for $175 plus nominal shipping.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The 220/226/229 22lr conversions kits were made here in NH. One of the few 22lr products made by the company.

They stopped production a few years back and sold off a large part of the inventory in the Pro Shop at rock bottom pricing.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the current selling prices of these kits, I'd guess Sig wishes they could find several thousand kits in the warehouse.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked one up in 2017 when sig had them for $150. I only ever used it once, but it was flawless with some browning ammunition that I had.

Posts: 226 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I found a new one about four years ago for less than $200 that was NIB. I didn't use it until about a year later-
I kept having occasional FTF issues. Took a close look at it and it appeared as if the recoil spring was waaay too strong. I ordered the proper Sig 22LR recoil spring for around three bucks and ever since it eats any 22LR with no issues.
We've used it quite frequently since ammo became scarce. If you have one I recommend getting the 15+1 round magazine modification. (Beware of unfriendly state laws).

The mag modification kit sells for around $13 bucks.

Taylor Tactical P220 22LR 15+1

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have one. It runs well if clean and well lubed. My PPQ 22 is much more reliable.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post