SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion 9mm Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
After a year or more of drooling over it i finally ordered one. Best price I could find for extra mags was $33. Does that sound right? I guess I remember P220 Mags being higher as well. Any suggestions for a good conceal holster?

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think you could buy Mec Gars for cheaper, and they are very high quality.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I always tell people looking for Sig mags to check out Greg Cote LLC. It looks like his 15 rounders are about $9 cheaper. Great guy to do business with.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...uer-magazines-c-123/

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I always tell people looking for Sig mags to check out Greg Cote LLC. It looks like his 15 rounders are about $9 cheaper. Great guy to do business with.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...uer-magazines-c-123/

+1 great guy to do business with.

226 mags are $25.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Learned years ago that Sig mags are not cheap... but then I will only use factory ones... stamped.
This started with wanting a extra mag for my Sig p230 back in about 2005.... $50 a pop.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice
For inside the waist look at stealth gear, and for outside look at Mitch Rosen. Both are high quality and will serve you well

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses I will check them out!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but then I will only use factory ones... stamped.

If by that you mean only factory branded ones you are just wasting money in the case of 226's and probably getting a worse product. The factory checkmates have improved in quality for sure, but I would never pick one over a MecGar for a 226. Greg is a great source as is top gun supply. If you need them in a hurry and price is not your prime goal then they are stocked by the normal sources like brownells or midway.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I think I paid that much for a MecGar 18 and 20rd magazines

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I just saw this ad in the classified, and I remembered you asking about mags in this thread. Not my ad, but he is asking $100 for 5 Mec Gar 18 rounders:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6030077744

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Mecgar 20 rdn magazines and they are great quality, I have over a 1000 rdns through my 226 legion without a single malfunction. I paid $28.00 each with free shipping.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
but then I will only use factory ones... stamped.

If by that you mean only factory branded ones you are just wasting money in the case of 226's and probably getting a worse product. The factory checkmates have improved in quality for sure, but I would never pick one over a MecGar for a 226. Greg is a great source as is top gun supply. If you need them in a hurry and price is not your prime goal then they are stocked by the normal sources like brownells or midway.

^^^^^^^^^This.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

Learned years ago that Sig mags are not cheap... but then I will only use factory ones
You do understand that MecGar manufactures magazines for SIG -- magazines that come with SIG pistols?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A ton of good holsters out there nowadays. I've used Milt Sparks holsters for around 50 years. Great quality and design. VM-2 IWB (P239, P226, P229, G34, 1911's). I also like the 55BN for OWB, especially for my P226. Comfortable and tucks right into the body.

Some don't like to wait. However, they will make the holster to your precise specs.

https://www.miltsparks.com/products-inside.php

Sig OEM mags and MecGar. No difference. Some of the MecGars are slightly different design-wise, but same quality. I have a couple dozen MecGars for my P226 and P229.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You do understand that MecGar manufactures magazines for SIG -- magazines that come with SIG pistols?

True enough, but they are not the only mfg. or even the current mfg. for some guns. Whatever you think of checkmate at this point in time I'd take an equivalent MecGar every time.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post