SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Baseplate ?s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Baseplate ?s Login/Join 
posted
I know some people are replacing the factory metal baseplates on their mags with either rubber or plastic options from Beretta and/or CZ. I am using Beretta parts myself, but have a question.
Do you also replace the retainer plate as well? The stock Sig pieces work, but they don't fit like I think they should.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know you could do this. I'd love to replace my baseplates as they turn into spears on long trips.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard of both the standard plastic Beretta bases and the somewhat thicker rubber pads from CZ being used as upgrades on p226 mags for corrosion resistance and comfort for LEOs. I think they also look better as well, but that is subjective.

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I’ve used Beretta 92 base pads with the Sig locking insert. I believe the inside edge of the grips have to be opened up a touch to get them to seat. Like 2min with a dremel sanding drum.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the beretta elite rubber base pads on my sig mags and it's a perfect fit. Fits the mag, and fits the contour of my 226 when the mag is inserted into the gun. I did no modifications to any other parts, everything else is original.
If you try to buy these, make sure you get the ones for the 92 and 15 round mag bases.
RRR

Posts: 59 | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you buying the elite bases? All I can find at BUSA is the plastic plate for the regular 15 round Beretta mags, which I think are still a considerable improvement over the Sig part.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Where are you buying the elite bases? All I can find at BUSA is the plastic plate for the regular 15 round Beretta mags, which I think are still a considerable improvement over the Sig part.

Here you go...

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/3/...al-parts-rubber-pads

RRR

Posts: 59 | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I like the plain plastic base plates. What is the part number. Thanks

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have three factory sig rubber base plates... do they not make them anymore?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I am aware. They are making a plate with a rubber pad glued to the bottom, but I think they are kinda goofy looking. See the LDC review thread for pics of what I'm talking about.

posted Hide Post
This place has the padded baseplate available

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...zine-floorplate.html

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post