SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on the CZ 75B (9mm)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the CZ 75B (9mm) Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most CZ-75 based pistols aluminum framed? I have several, none of them steel. When I tried to find a steel one a couple of years ago I was directed to the EAA Witness in steel, a copy, because steel CZ's were scarce.

All of my 75s are steel-framed. Some of the carry-oriented guns (compact) come with aluminum alloy frames if I'm not mistaken, but CZ makes their own steel and as a result uses it extensively throughout their product types.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
In searching around the various gun forums, I'm quite surprised to see how many people prefer the CZ 75B to the Beretta 92, and even the SIG P226. Eek

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of beautiful SS NIB full size 75Bs in the Classifieds right now. Although I'm a huge PCR fan, I just cannot dig the full size 75B, or those two would have been gone, already.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
In searching around the various gun forums, I'm quite surprised to see how many people prefer the CZ 75B to the Beretta 92, and even the SIG P226. Eek

Of the 3, I would pick the M9/92FS first, the P226 second, and the 75B last.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I lubs me some 75b.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I'm surprised you like the Beretta M9/92FS more than the SIG P226, being that the P226 is just a tad larger than your beloved P228.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I'm surprised you like the Beretta M9/92FS more than the SIG P226, being that the P226 is just a tad larger than your beloved P228.

Yes, the P226 is the bigger brother to the P228, but that doesn't mean it feel the same in your hand, though. Same thing with the G17 and G19. The M9 has the most secured and comfortable grip in my hands. Reliability is a given of all of them, so that's not a factor.

Q

posted Hide Post
I have a lot of guns and my CZ75B SA (single action) is one of my favorites. Incredibly accurate for a service gun, eats any ammo you put in it (besides blazer aluminum), mine has a good trigger, great ergonomics, and in 6000 rounds no failures.....to me it just points and feels natural.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I think the CZ75 would of replaced the Browning Hi Power as the world's most popular service 9MM if the Glock had never come along. That's how good they are.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some from the 80s, 90s (pre B) and 2000s and to be honest find they are all great as far as quality is concerned. Some may disagree with that but I've been pleased with all of them. The "Made in Czechoslovakia" ones from the late 70s into the mid 80s are the nicest looking IMO with their tear drop/egg-shaped trigger guard, spur hammer, vertical slide serrations and waffle/grooved "CZ" embossed grip panels. The slide stop and safety lever are different looking on the earlier ones
too.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I LOVE CZ's. I currently have 3 pistols (75SA, 75 compact and a PCR) and 3 rifles (2 455's in 17hmr and a 527 carbine in 7.62x39).

CZ today is exactly where Sig was in the mid to late 1990's- quality has never been better and people are noticing.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
I have owned my 75B Compact for over ten years. It has been 100% reliable. Of all the handguns I own, I shoot it best.

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most CZ-75 based pistols aluminum framed? I have several, none of them steel. When I tried to find a steel one a couple of years ago I was directed to the EAA Witness in steel, a copy, because steel CZ's were scarce.

Many of the 75 "based" pistols (PCR, Rami, P-01, etc.) are alloy framed, but all the actual 75s are steel, as is the 75 compact and some others.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post