SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Zastava EZ40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Zastava EZ40 Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...almost Christmas and some people need fast money so I saw this and snatched it up. Was always curious about them. A Sig copy obviously but with some obvious differences. I will say, the trigger has a long DA pull, light SA pull but the reset is all the way out. I purchased the 40 as I just put money down on another HK, a USP 40 compact, after shooting a buddies. I have 40 ammo, just no gun yet till now. No range time, I am curious though. It seems like a solid gun, craftsmanship is not quite Sigs quality as I can see markings in the internal of the slide. Some of the edges are no smooth, some roughness. Ergos are very similar and the grip is not as thick as the Arex, another Sig copy.

Next to my Sig 226 Navy...

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They seem like neat guns, although I'm not sure how many magazines are still available. I've become something of a fan of Zastava's rifles, so I keep thinking that if I stumble on a good deal for a 9mm in good shape I might jump on it. A lot of them seem to have had the snot beaten out of them - perhaps they were a fad among the 'truck gun' crowd?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, although they look like a SIG, internally they're more like a Walther P88.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
They look like a Sig internally, from a quick view, but don't really know. Finding mags is tough, I found 2 that I just bought, for 3 total. Not easy and not cheap.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fairly sure that P226 mags work in those. They did in my 1988 Zastava. Only difference was a hole for the loaded chamber indicator.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
They’re interesting pistols. I have found Yugoslavian weapons to be very well made.
Saw my first one of those in 1993. A Serb major was carrying it.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Zastava made a prototype polymer frame pistol. The PPZ, in multi caliber chamberings.

Whether it made production, and if anyone is going to import it if so, I don't know.

What interested me about it, one of the chamberings was 7.62 x 25/Tokarev.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat looking pistol but I didn't realize how much larger it is compared to the p226. Do any holsters fit both guns?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Sig copy obviously but with some obvious differences.

The combination slide stop and decocking lever came from the Walther P88 of the 1980s.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post