SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 Express (Entry)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 Express (Entry) Login/Join 
posted
So I know all X5s are semi-rare, but I never see the Express model anywhere. Were they discontinued early in the life cycle? I picked one up in .40 (last .40 I own) a couple years back as it was the first and last time I actually saw an X5 of any variety on a local shelf. I’ve been looking off and on for a 9mm version on Gunbroker but have never seen one come up for sale in either caliber. Just curious if anyone knows why that is, as there are always other X5 options available.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Ship it off to The SIG Armorer and have him install a 9mm Bar-Sto. I wanted an X-5 years back and had the same issue You did...only EVER saw a .40 S&W All Around. So bought it, ultimately had it converted over to 9mm (and .357 sig too).

Post a photo...never even heard of an Express model.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I had one of these, called the X Five Entry, and sold it recently. This gentleman imports X Five models and he may be able to get you one. They are hard to get and it won’t be cheap...

https://www.firearmsdepot.us

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
In Europe, it's named the Express.
In the US, it's named the Entry. Same gun.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was kind of the bottom of the line. Most people that got X5s spent a little more to get the adjustable trigger or other features.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The adjustable trigger added $500 to $600 to the price of an X Five Eek

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I had both the 9 and 40 versions of the X5 Entry model, ultimately selling them after some use for a nice profit. Should have kept them longer than I did given the ridiculous prices that are now being asked.
I shot an X5 Level 1 and an X5 Enhanced Short - the adjustable trigger didn’t really do much for me and definitely not worth the extra $ IMHO. I also liked the Entry’s rear bar sight vastly more than the target sights on the other enhanced X5’s.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There was a guy selling the parts kit for the X-Series trigger a while back. Was tempted, but I didn't have anything for it to go in that didn't have it already. The kit was somewhere around 450 or so (with the solid curved trigger, one with the flat trigger was a lot more). It was a kit that had about eleven parts in it. They looked very small. Guaranteed to bury itself into carpet, roll behind the desk, shoot springs across the room, or otherwise have the very fabric of reality to unweave itself for just long enough for the piece to escape into some unknown dimension.

I found an Allround for cheap and was hoping it would fit. After a little research I found that the pivot angle is different between the DA/SA and the SAO Sigs. A lot of machine work would be required to put it in a Exeter Sig like an Elite Dark, but I sooo thought it would be cool to add it to my 10mm. If I only had a CNC laying around...

Anyway, I gave up on the trigger kit and talked him into selling me a flat trigger by itself for my P220.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post