SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I just made a deal on a new MK25 TB and
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just made a deal on a new MK25 TB and Login/Join 
posted
wondered which different suppressors all of you are running on this gun and how you like it. I am used to shooting a Glock so I was also wondering if anyone has used the trigger upgrade to make the first double action pull a little lighter or smoother. Anything else you can think of? Thanks in advance.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty Mystic X and I leave it stock. Works just thought about adding suppressor sights.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run a Ti-Rant and and Octane 45, both are marvelous.

I changed out my stock hammerspring with 19# Wolff hammersprings. This is an easy thing to do.

The other thing to consider is a Short Reset Trigger kit.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Hello Scott, Since you're used to Glocks, you might want to check into the SIG SRT kit. It doesn't do anything about DA pull, but does shorten trigger reset considerably, making it more similar to the Glock. IMHO, the relatively inexpensive SRT is a worthwhile addition for those of us who are used to a short trigger reset, or those who'd just prefer short reset to the softer, more indistinct, reset DA/SA SIGs have traditionally come from the factory with....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Tack, nothing better than good 'ol fashioned practice to make that DA trigger pull "better." However, since I am impatient and want to get MOST out of a select group of guns, I'd send it to Robert Burke and have him do a little trigger work...you'll be amazed how he smooths out that DA.

Lastly, I'm kinda' a newb AND I don't have that MK25, but have picked up three SILENCERCO cans to use with other SIGs and they have all been great.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! What a great forum. Thanks for all of the input. I owned a German 226 and 220 back in the day. I still don't remember why I sold either. I pulled the trigger on the 226 in a LGS today and it definitely does not have the same reset as the Glock I am used too. I will shoot the MK25 before making changes to see what differences are noticeable under time and stress. Keep the input and advice coming. Thanks again.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
I run a Surefire Ryder on mine with no problem. It’s a nice setup.

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I like the Short Reset on mine... what I did not like on the MK-25 was the factory grips.... fixed that. Can't help with the suppressor question, the Government won't let me have one..... still have my $200 and local dealer took me for $350....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
TiRant!! Wink

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hogue G10 Piranha grips.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SRT kit and a 19 lb mainspring will make a huge difference.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
TiRant!! Wink

Yup, yup, and yup!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
For pistols I have a SiCo Omega9k and a SiCo Octane 45k.
I also own a TiRant 45 but it's still in jail Frown

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a reputable suppressor dealer in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area? Someone that has them in stock so I only have to wait on one transfer. Thanks again.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Picture of rlex
posted Hide Post
TiRant works good

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare

Posts: 34 | Location: VT | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:
Does anyone know of a reputable suppressor dealer in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area? Someone that has them in stock so I only have to wait on one transfer. Thanks again.

Not in the Triangle, but worth the drive to come to Matthews to Tarheel State Firearms. Got a Tirant 45 in jail there that I got for $300. Couldn’t pass up that deal. And Scott is always running great deals similar to that.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Screaming .357G
posted Hide Post
I run the Obsidian .45 on mine.

Posts: 1764 | Location: Monroe NC USA | Registered: January 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:

Might pay to shop around depending on what your dealer will charge to do a transfer. The dealer to dealer transfers are only taking 2-3 days now instead of 2-3 months. Mihgt be worth it to save hundred or two

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post