SIGforum
I just made a deal on a new MK25 TB and

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2310050634

January 12, 2018, 06:49 AM
Tackelbarry
I just made a deal on a new MK25 TB and
wondered which different suppressors all of you are running on this gun and how you like it. I am used to shooting a Glock so I was also wondering if anyone has used the trigger upgrade to make the first double action pull a little lighter or smoother. Anything else you can think of? Thanks in advance.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com
January 12, 2018, 12:45 PM
JG
Liberty Mystic X and I leave it stock. Works just thought about adding suppressor sights.
January 12, 2018, 12:57 PM
roberth
I run a Ti-Rant and and Octane 45, both are marvelous.

I changed out my stock hammerspring with 19# Wolff hammersprings. This is an easy thing to do.

The other thing to consider is a Short Reset Trigger kit.

January 12, 2018, 03:29 PM
rock185
Hello Scott, Since you're used to Glocks, you might want to check into the SIG SRT kit. It doesn't do anything about DA pull, but does shorten trigger reset considerably, making it more similar to the Glock. IMHO, the relatively inexpensive SRT is a worthwhile addition for those of us who are used to a short trigger reset, or those who'd just prefer short reset to the softer, more indistinct, reset DA/SA SIGs have traditionally come from the factory with....ymmv

NRA Life
January 12, 2018, 03:38 PM
Cobra21
Tack, nothing better than good 'ol fashioned practice to make that DA trigger pull "better." However, since I am impatient and want to get MOST out of a select group of guns, I'd send it to Robert Burke and have him do a little trigger work...you'll be amazed how he smooths out that DA.

Lastly, I'm kinda' a newb AND I don't have that MK25, but have picked up three SILENCERCO cans to use with other SIGs and they have all been great.

Risk the consequences of honesty...
January 12, 2018, 08:22 PM
Tackelbarry
WOW! What a great forum. Thanks for all of the input. I owned a German 226 and 220 back in the day. I still don't remember why I sold either. I pulled the trigger on the 226 in a LGS today and it definitely does not have the same reset as the Glock I am used too. I will shoot the MK25 before making changes to see what differences are noticeable under time and stress. Keep the input and advice coming. Thanks again.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com
January 12, 2018, 08:59 PM
np149
I run a Surefire Ryder on mine with no problem. It’s a nice setup.
January 13, 2018, 06:25 AM
Blume9mm
I like the Short Reset on mine... what I did not like on the MK-25 was the factory grips.... fixed that. Can't help with the suppressor question, the Government won't let me have one..... still have my $200 and local dealer took me for $350....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
January 13, 2018, 06:56 AM
sybo
TiRant!! Wink
January 13, 2018, 11:47 AM
Excam_Man
Hogue G10 Piranha grips.

January 13, 2018, 06:55 PM
Strambo
SRT kit and a 19 lb mainspring will make a huge difference.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
January 13, 2018, 07:12 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
TiRant!! Wink

Yup, yup, and yup!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
January 13, 2018, 09:41 PM
creslin
For pistols I have a SiCo Omega9k and a SiCo Octane 45k.
I also own a TiRant 45 but it's still in jail Frown

This is where my signature goes.
January 14, 2018, 10:03 AM
Tackelbarry
Does anyone know of a reputable suppressor dealer in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area? Someone that has them in stock so I only have to wait on one transfer. Thanks again.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com
January 14, 2018, 10:05 AM
rlex
TiRant works good

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare
January 14, 2018, 05:57 PM
bashman
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:
Does anyone know of a reputable suppressor dealer in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area? Someone that has them in stock so I only have to wait on one transfer. Thanks again.

Not in the Triangle, but worth the drive to come to Matthews to Tarheel State Firearms. Got a Tirant 45 in jail there that I got for $300. Couldn’t pass up that deal. And Scott is always running great deals similar to that.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.
January 16, 2018, 04:51 PM
Screaming .357G
I run the Obsidian .45 on mine.
January 16, 2018, 05:01 PM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:

Might pay to shop around depending on what your dealer will charge to do a transfer. The dealer to dealer transfers are only taking 2-3 days now instead of 2-3 months. Mihgt be worth it to save hundred or two