SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LOK grips: 3 different pistols/colors/textures (review and report)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOK grips: 3 different pistols/colors/textures (review and report) Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
I like VZ grips but they are pricey. I looked initially at LOK as a slightly less expensive alternative with similar styles and contruction (G10) but it turns out they aren't really much less expensive, especially for the CZ grips which with the "liner" option are close to a hundred bucks a pair. They frequently offer 20% off sales and apparently there are youtube videos out there with the code but I'm stupid and paid full price. Took about 10 days IIRC to get them made and shipped.

The Beretta Brigadier 92FS came with Hogue finger groove pebble finished rubber grips which don't fit my largish hands (the finger grooves cramp my style) so I went with the slim, full checkered option for those.
The CZ I like the palmswell and shape of the OEM plastic grips but it recoils a bit more than my other 9mm pistols so I wanted a more aggressive texture, so I went with LOK's "Bogie" option, which apparently refers to Golfball-like texture. It's supposed to be one of the most aggressive but at first blush the standard checkering of the beretta grips felt sharper and more friction-ey to me. But upon shooting the bogies lock in tight and feel good, and leave a definite imprint on your fingers and palms. Good stuff. I paid $17 extra for the contrasting cherry red liner in an attempt to give the pistol a little zing without being obnoxious. I kinda like it.

The 1911 was the real impetus for this purchase as the Strike Enterprises golfball grips I had on it were actually pretty slippery. They polished all the sharp edges off and they looked and fit great but I had to milk my grip frequently to maintain a good grip. I went with LOK's "roughneck" diamond checkered which they say is "the most aggressive grips we offer." Big improvement but I could use a little more still. I think I may eventually try the Bogies on the 1911 but they work well for now. I probably need some skateboard tape on the bare frontstrap also.

Anyway, if you're in the market for some very high quality, nice looking grips, give LOK a gander.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Video for any interested. Shooting starts around 7:30
https://youtu.be/a1KKugP5VRw

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Amazon is a great source for these grips. I have a set on my Browning.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When I had a P938 and wanted better grips, LOK was the only brand I could find making them without the right side safety cutout (which is a large cutout on the P938). My right side safety was removed by Robert Burke. I like them very much. The checkering was a bit aggressive for my taste, so I used a piece of fine emery cloth to knock off just the points of the checkering. I would say they are every bit as good as VZ.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have them on my Hi Power and CZ 75. Fit and finish are great, and they feel good in the hand.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I believe I was the first one to have him make the grips for a single sided safety on the P938. We discussed it a bit and he produced an excellent product.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post and grat photos. Your grips look great.
I have been looking at these for a few CZ's, but the number of combinations is pretty large! Nine textures, three thicknesses, a dozen plus colors!
Despite my small hands, I like the rubber palm swell grips on my CZ's (more than the standard rubber on PCR's and P01's), and much more than the (very attractive) aluminum grips. So I am thinking of the grenade pattern with palm swells for CC. Can anyone tell me about their experience with grenades, and especially palm swell grenades? How grippy are they? Anyone want to point me towards another direction?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

I believe I was the first one to have him make the grips for a single sided safety on the P938. We discussed it a bit and he produced an excellent product.
I was going to make a similar comment, you beat me to it. My P938 was modified to remove the ambi safety, so it is now configured like a P238. Best of my knowledge, LOK is the only source of grips for this P938 configuration.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I put a set of those on my CZ-75 matte stainless. I really like them.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post