SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So something with more or a rolled top of the slide pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So something with more or a rolled top of the slide pistol Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So the Glocks, Sigs, S&W, Springfields, etc are all pretty squared off. Other than a 1911 are there other options in a quality, affordable semi? Just curious on your thoughts.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 75

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Some of the CZ models like the CZ-75 or the P-07. Not as rounded as the Berretta but not as square as a Glock.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this just an aesthetic thing for you or are you concerned about something else?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
No concern persae. I think they look better. But also the thinner rounded profile seem to more naturally point better.

posted Hide Post
Browning High Power

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
This is probably the main reason I am not a fan of Glocks... they remind me of a box of Kleenex .... way too square,,, I like rounded....
First really good looking Semi-auto I owned was a Sig P230.

But you could (still can) only get the P230 or 232 in 380.... in the U.S. I've seen one 9mm offered I think... So I upgraded to what I could find as close to it.. the Sig P239:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, maybe a Smith and Wesson WinkHmmmmm

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
But you could (still can) only get the P230 or 232 in 380.... in the U.S. I've seen one 9mm offered I think...

The P230/P232 were primarily offered in both .32 ACP and .380 Auto.

There were also a few P230s produced in 9x18mm Ultra, aka 9mm Police, a more obscure round that was used briefly by some German and Swiss police agencies in the 1970s, but has since all but disappeared.

You might be confused by the caliber markings on the guns. The .380 pistols state "9mm Kurz", which is one of the various alternate names for the .380/9x17mm cartridge. And the relatively small number of early P230s in 9x18mm Ultra were marked "9mm Police" on the slide.

But they were never offered in the caliber that most folks in the US refer to when stating "9mm", which is 9x19mm (aka 9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum, 9mm NATO, etc.)

9mm Kurz:

9mm Police:

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Kimber Micro 9. But it’s a mini 1911, sort of. It’s actually a Colt mustang, I think. I don’t remember and can’t find the article.
Anyways, it’s a damn good little 9mm. I have one and it’s awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
HK P7. My favorite looking "hooptie"...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post