SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Decent hollow-ground screwdriver bits?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decent hollow-ground screwdriver bits? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Chapman for me too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Brownells.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Chapman.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Grace, Brownell's or Chapman.

Grace: http://www.graceusatools.com/i...id=103&category_id=1

I use the Grace roll pin punches and starters and they are the best quality punches I've ever used. I'll be buying their screwdriver set soon.

I use Chapman a lot at work and they never fail me, but that's not gunsmith work.

Buy once, cry once...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I have made thousands of screwdrivers and bits while working at a shop that made hand tools. Was Vaco and then Klein. Our bits were made with a straight tip for about .030 to .050. Not so with the screwdrivers. They are around a 4-5 degree angle. Don't know about the others but the Forster type screwdriver is what you need. Looks like they have a nice selection of sizes. in their set. I would go with the Forster.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate all of the replies.

For anyone interested, here are the bits I mentioned in the original post.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownell's or Chapman

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapman is a good U.S. mom and pop shop. A while back so many people were hitting their website from the forum that the sales rep created an account and had a sigforum discount. I bought their master set as well and keep it in my range/ ‘gunsmithing’ box. Have not been disappointed.

https://chapmanmfg.com/

Posts: 4753 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Brownells magna bits. The Chapman set I had several years ago was too brittle. The bits would break where as the the Brownells seem to have more flex. But who knows, I could have had a bad heated treated batch.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Brownells Magna Tip. They are awesome. Best tool investment ever. I use them all the time.

Ditto, cant / won't be disappointed. Good luck!

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Chapman for me also. Broke a bit years ago. When I called to order a new one they ( very happily) sent me a free replacement. I insisted on paying for it, as it was my fault, but thy wouldn't hear of it. A great ole American company. Support them... Smile

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wiha or Wera bits.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post