SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE P226 LDC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE P226 LDC Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That's an odd one. Apparently not assembled in Germany (no proof marks anywhere), although triple serial numbered. Why sent the frame (US17) to Germany (DE), and then have it sent back here for assembly? Confused

Also, notice the font of the frame serial # is different from that of the slide.

My WAG:

Driven by politics, or more like working around the politics. It seems a workaround to the SIG export ban giving more work for Enkernforde to do while taking some pressure off of SIG NH. Arguably Merkel and her cronies can claim that a completely assembled gun from SIG Germany is 'German-made', but if the parts were rough cut here then sent off to the Fatherland for final milling and finish work, it's now a hybrid of sorts and not fully 'made in Germany'. Whatever works, I suppose.

I do like that classic short extractor. The SIG world is in balance once again.

IIRC the LDC was developed for the IPSC Production division.

Regarding the markings I think it's simpler: Any gun sold in Europe has to have a certain set of markings (triple-serialed guns are not only mandated in Germany)
It was stated long ago, even before the export ban story that SIG wanted to move their production as much as possible to the US, because production is cheaper.
(On the other end, getting guns from the US to Europe isn't that simple either.)

So applying all these markings straight in the US for the same production run makes sense
And if are no proof marks on them, they were never in Europe.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have one in black.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Why can't/won't Sig make a slide like this for the P229?!?!?!

Imagine a P229 with a shorter P226 style slide, short extractor, and SAO!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if are no proof marks on them, they were never in Europe.

I have several SIGs with German-made frames that would respectfully disagree with that. All are clearly marked that their frames were made in Germany, yet not a proof mark to be found anywhere on their flanks. But there's always that 'DE' rollmark, just like this particular LDC has. So why no proof mark? From what I understand it's because these frames were never meant for assembly of the firearm in Germany (or Europe in general), but for final gun manufacture and assembly here in the U.S. My memory could be faulty on this, but it seems like I've read this here on the forum more than a few times.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post