SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE P226 LDC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE P226 LDC Login/Join 
Picture of DC3S
posted
SIG Pro Academy had 10 in stock this morning.

E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE 798681554454

@$1750

Triple serial.

Bruce Gray has a picture on Gray Guns Instagram.

Flared controls, upgrade trigger, skeletonized hammer.

Frame is US made then shipped to Germany? Slide and barrel, unsure if US or German?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Importing from Germany again? Nice!

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
According to Bruce on FB, they're made here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That's an odd one. Apparently not assembled in Germany (no proof marks anywhere), although triple serial numbered. Why sent the frame (US17) to Germany (DE), and then have it sent back here for assembly? Confused

Also, notice the font of the frame serial # is different from that of the slide.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is that? Clearly some kind of P226. STAS?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
What is that? Clearly some kind of P226. STAS?

The LDC (Long Dust Cover).
And, per SIG, STAS = STainless Adjustable Sight

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you 12131.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY GRAIL GUN!!!!

What can I sell right now?

How much overtime can I work this month???

This is super cool.

Does it come in black???

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing any photos, people.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
As stated, Bruce posted this on FB, so not sure if this will work:

Here is a direct link, not sure if this will work either: www.facebook.com/bruce.gray.37/posts/1657816034237974

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man that is pretty!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:

Does it come in black???

You can get a black version from Germany.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
quote:

Does it come in black???

You can get a black version from Germany.

Cathy, you have yours from Germany, right? Have a pic or two? Thanks.

Q

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this! I believe the P226LDC has a LOT going for it, and is a platform which I want to see my friends in Newington develop further. I've shot it, studied it. The LDC has the balance of frame, slide and barrel mass to be a total screamer. More so than either the now discontinued Sport Stock or AllRound, I see the LDC as the optimum basis for a direct competitor to the outstanding CZ and Tanfo Production Division racers. It just needs a few things, which we just happen to have laying about here...

I bought one. Stay tuned!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That's an odd one. Apparently not assembled in Germany (no proof marks anywhere), although triple serial numbered. Why sent the frame (US17) to Germany (DE), and then have it sent back here for assembly? Confused

Also, notice the font of the frame serial # is different from that of the slide.

My WAG:

Driven by politics, or more like working around the politics. It seems a workaround to the SIG export ban giving more work for Enkernforde to do while taking some pressure off of SIG NH. Arguably Merkel and her cronies can claim that a completely assembled gun from SIG Germany is 'German-made', but if the parts were rough cut here then sent off to the Fatherland for final milling and finish work, it's now a hybrid of sorts and not fully 'made in Germany'. Whatever works, I suppose.

I do like that classic short extractor. The SIG world is in balance once again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MY GRAIL GUN!!!!

What can I sell right now?

How much overtime can I work this month???

This is super cool.

Does it come in black???

+1 I don't own a 226, never have, but I'm contemplating what I can sell to get my hands on one of these... black preferred.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Thank you for posting this! I believe the P226LDC has a LOT going for it, and is a platform which I want to see my friends in Newington develop further. I've shot it, studied it. The LDC has the balance of frame, slide and barrel mass to be a total screamer. More so than either the now discontinued Sport Stock or AllRound, I see the LDC as the optimum basis for a direct competitor to the outstanding CZ and Tanfo Production Division racers. It just needs a few things, which we just happen to have laying about here...

I bought one. Stay tuned!

-Bruce

Bruce,

Thank you for posting this on Instagram, I was puzzled because at the time they were not available here in the US. Then a couple days later I stopped by the SIG Pro shop to ask about a release date for the P210. Lo and behold they were releasing the LDC that morning.

Now that it has been released, it would be great if you talk about the specs, and maybe some pictures? Not much from SIG right now.

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Cathy, you have yours from Germany, right? Have a pic or two? Thanks.

I usually don’t do photos, but I will post two pictures. It looks like I don’t have permission?

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
It is a bit of mystery. It seems there are generally three versions available outside of the US? Stainless Steel frame, TACOPS, Nitron.

Here in the US the website lists two versions, although only the Stainless is available in a small quantity @ 500.

E26R-9-BAS-LDC-DE 798681554461 

E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE 798681554454

It might be that that the Nitron and TACOPS model do not share the same number of changes or additions as the Stainless version?

Watching YouTube I have seen right side views that show versions with serial numbers starting with Uxxxxxxx and with P226 LDC II on the right side of the slide. I have also seen, like Bruce’s with 47Axxxxxx serial and with P226 LDC on the slide, but no II, with and without German proof marks, and stamped both US16 and US17. These also come with a small cleaning kit, a blue plastic tool and two spare fiber optics with choices being Green, Orange, and White? Also a small tool for the rear LPA sight. Plus an E2 tool for those that do not have the older style grips with screws.

US version E26R-9-STAS-LDC-DE 798681554454
* DA/SA with SRT
* Trigger Over travel Screw
* Full Length Dust Cover
* E2 Grip (TACOPS E3 grip with Jet Funnel)
* Stainless Finish
* Beavertail
* 1913 Rail
* Skeletonized Hammer
* Hi viz Fiber Optic Front Sight
* Adjustable LPA TPU25SS30 Rear Sight
* 2 Magazines 17 rounds
15mm diameter barrel versus 13.5mm for standard P226 production?
Cleaning kit? Fiber optic tool and spare optics?

On the German SIGSauer.de website these list as ON226LDC / ON226LDCIT

In addition is the Danish retailer Hunter House list several versions.

http://huntershouse.dk/kat1516-P226-modeller/

If the US version is completely manufactured and assembled in New Hampshire, why the DE at then end of the model number, and stamped on the frame?

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Kind of like an X Five in some respects. Love the short external extractor. I hope to see more SIGs like this hitting the market.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post