SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will we ever see P320 X-Change kits in .45???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will we ever see P320 X-Change kits in .45??? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Or do I I have to buy a second gun to get Full size along with my Compact?

Mad

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Ive been wondering that for a while now.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
There was another recent thread asking this same question and the answer is Sig won’t be offering them to the general public because they don’t want people trying to use a non-45 (9/40/357) FCU to convert to 45. However if you own a P320 45 you can call customer service to arrange buying one but they require that you send in your P320 45, they will pay for shipping.

I called Sig to confirm this, and it is in fact true. I think the cost is $425 but I’m not 100% sure on the price.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Trojan. At that price its much more cost effective to just to buy a new pistol and sell off whatever is not needed.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
There was another recent thread asking this same question and the answer is Sig won’t be offering them to the general public because they don’t want people trying to use a non-45 (9/40/357) FCU to convert to 45. However if you own a P320 45 you can call customer service to arrange buying one but they require that you send in your P320 45, they will pay for shipping.

I called Sig to confirm this, and it is in fact true. I think the cost is $425 but I’m not 100% sure on the price.

That is ridiculous. .45 mag won’t go into a 9/40/357 FCU. Seems silly to pay round trip shipping when there is no need to send a gun in for an X-change kit.

Not terribly smart business...

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
The shopping is paid for by Sig but nonetheless I have to agree.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So I can't have modular .45s? If I own a full size and want a compact I have to send it to Sig and trade it?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
So I can't have modular .45s? If I own a full size and want a compact I have to send it to Sig and trade it?

No, you can keep your current configuration but in order to buy a new exchange kit in a different configuration, Sig requires you to send in your current P320 45.

Call customer service for details.

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shopping is paid for by Sig but nonetheless I have to agree.

Sell, if the the price of the X-Change kit is $405 and they have to pay $60 round trip shipping, they could just forego the BS and sell the kit for for $365.

They may be “paying” for the shipping, but they work that overhead into the price of the kit.

Bastages....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Or do I I have to buy a second gun to get Full size along with my Compact?

Buy a used P320F 45 & sell the FCU. Used $500 (new $575) total cost - $200 ($250 new) selling FCU (keep the best one) = $300/$325 "kit". This is what I have done.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

No, you can keep your current configuration but in order to buy a new exchange kit in a different configuration, Sig requires you to send in your current P320 45.

Call customer service for details.

Ok thanks. That is really stupid

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post