SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I received my P225 back from CCR
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I received my P225 back from CCR Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The perfect balance. Pretty, but business like.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Nice job they die there for you. Could you provide a web link for CCR?

CCR Refinishing

Brad and Mary have done a lot of full guns and parts for me.
I've never been disappointed..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog - I also like the dark slide in a 2-tone finish. I find the dark contrasts better with the front sight.

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only two tone I like is reverse. I'm always looking for factory reverse two tone but can never find one in any caliber. The silver on top is just not as sexy.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

I also like look of a black slide with silver frame, in fact I had Sig put a KKote finish on the slide of my JK 226 in ~2002, and later had CCR do the frame just like yours with black controls, but I purposely left the "plum" colored hammer alone.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
All kidding aside, what is now referred to as a Reverse Two Tone was the Original "Two Tone"....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks great! RTT is also my favorite.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
The RTT is one of my favorites also

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Tritanium a typo or a finish name?

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Check out CCR's website right above your post. Tritanium

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
We make Cera-Hide our Tri-Tanium is the name of a color we call it that because it has to do with the formula we use to make it

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They do great work. Have had three pistols done by them now, and will be sending more.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yes they do really nice work!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great looking 225, CCR is one of the best to deal with!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Tritanium has to be seen in person. Photographs don’t do it justice.

My P229 in Tritanium

My P228 in CPII/ Nikote

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mine is a "regular" two tone. I wouldn't have had it done, but someone tried to refinish the slide with a ball peen hammer and it looked terrible.

It is done in hard chrome.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! Mary and Brad do great work.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread but @Chowser how do you feel the Tritanium Cera-hide compares to the CPII plating? I'm trying to decide which to go with and seeing as you've had both for a couple years now, I figured I'd ask Smile

I have a Legion P226 with very bad cerakote (scratches WAY too easily) and I'm looking to refinish it with something more durable.

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
That looks great.

Posts: 272 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
CPII is my go to finish but the Tritanium holds up well to carrying. Doesn't fade at all and is still easy to clean.

I prefer their cera-hide over cerakote. It's smoother and looks so much better. It's probably due to all the prep work they do to the gun before hand.

Someone at work had parts cerakoted locally and it looks like they just sprayed a finish on and it was dry and tacky to the touch. And they put one of the pins in backward which was messing up cycling.
My CCR guns look lightyears better and they know how to take apart and put guns back together correctly.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post