SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns with slim grips.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns with slim grips..... Login/Join 
Picture of Quattro15
posted
Hey guys, looooooong time since my last post, life gets in the way I guess.

I recently purchased an XDs, broke it in at the range this weeekend. It's so so good, I just love the grip as I've got little biddy hands.

This brings up my question. What other guns should I look at that have a similar grip profile? I know a 1911 will fit the bill for sure, and it's on the list. I also just picked up a P365 for my wife, really like that pistol as well!....But what else should I be checking out.

I'm also going to be selling my Springfield XD Subcompact as well, as that grip feels HUGE now, just for reference of what I feel is too thick for me as of now. That was my primary carry weapon up until the XDs.

---------------------------
“Reason, or the ratio of all we have already known, is not the same that it shall be when we know more.”
— William Blake

Posts: 2206 | Location: Black Mountain, NC | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 with the smallest insert is pretty thin.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I second the M&P, the 2.0 compact is G19 size and nice shooters.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Springer XDE

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
1911 with thin grip panels.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Kahr K9 is pretty slim.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Any Kahr

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several good suggesting above. 1911's if you like that platform, or the Kahr handguns are a good choice. The Glock 43 is a good one as well.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
The shield is almost too thin for me...

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Springer XDE

Springer?

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
^
Springfield. Speaking of which, that 3.3” XDe is really intriguing me.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
^
Springfield. Speaking of which, that 3.3” XDe is really intriguing me.

Then he should have said Springfield. A Springer is made by Harley Davidson.

I've never shot an XD-E, but if it shoots anything like the XD-S, it'll be pretty sweet.

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown KC9 is very thin 9mm. Mine has been very reliable with all sorts of ammo.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P Shield.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Although I haven’t had it to the range yet (that should be remedied Thursday), my Glock 43X feels really good in the hand.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Sig 239, Springfield EMP.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I have small hands too. All of my 1911 have Aluma slim grips.

Like what MNSIG, mentioned below. M&P 2.0 with the smallest grip is also great pistol. I also have m&p shield, which is also OK.

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
M&P 2.0 with the smallest insert is pretty thin.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Glock G19...well actually the G23 for me. Almost everything single stack feels too thin. For me it's not how I can wrap my hands around a gun's grip, but how well the gun's grip fills my palms. The dimensional lumber that Glock's grip design is modeled after is something that I've grown quite used to; it works very well for me despite my small hands.

Your XDS never suited me well in that regard; one of the many reasons why I no longer own one. I have similar issues with single stack Glocks save the G36, Shields, Ruger LC, SIG P365, Kahrs and others. However I do well with Walther's PPS M2, which I consider the best fitted of the poly single stacks for my puny mitts. 1911s don't point well for me and my Glock bias but they still fill my hands well. Same with the P225-A1, though I must say that I consider the original P225/P6, huge that is is, a better fit.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have handled (but not shot) the Glock 43X and 48. The grip feels REALLY good for my hands.

I EDC a Glock 19 and if the 48 shoots and performs like the 19, I am thinking about switching guns... time will tell.

I have a friend who had a XDs 9mm, I shot the gun a few different times. I liked the grip on it, I just don't care for the grip safety. (He ended up selling his and picked up a Glock 43, he wanted a lighter gun.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The now discontinued Browning BDM has the thinnest metal framed grip profile of any 9mm auto loader that caries a 15 round magazine

You have to handle the firearm to realize how thin it truly is

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post