Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Leather Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted
I have a 1990 proofed P226, with the usual W. German thin bluing.

Can anyone recommend a good lined OWB holster?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
This leather maker offers smooth leather inside with rough side out. Not sure about suede if that's what you're looking for. His prices are reasonable and his turn around time is relatively quick compared to most.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I know Gary at Brommeland gun leather will make you shat your looking for.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a nice brown leather holster last year from someplace but can't for the life of me remember the name... but it dresses up my P226 Legion sweet..

here's what's stamped on the back:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Sam Andrews will make exactly what you are looking for. My last order took about 8 weeks to completion. He does beautiful custom work.

Andrews Leather.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will second both Andrews Leather and T&T. For myself almost all my EDC's reside in T&T however they are IWB. That said they are VMII clones that are slightly lighter with a IMO better cant. The owner will stand behind his product all the time,

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
https://www.giholsters.com/Default.asp

Garrett Industries makes some beautiful leather lined holsters. Take a look at their site.
Good luck in your search.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heavy4Caliber
posted Hide Post
RGrizzle Leather. Bought an IWB for my P229 Legion about three years ago and couldn't be happier.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/index.html

“An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Posts: 4 | Registered: December 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a lined holster I like High Noon Holsters

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I just checked the Andrews Leather Store site, and he has some OWB lined holsters for the P226 already made up for immediate sale.

Andrews Leather Store.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Already mentioned above - I'll just echo either Andrews or RGrizzle products. I have a lot of both and am very satisfied.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at www.WildBillsconcealment.com and www.garritysgunleather.com. They make great leather holsters.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Tucker Gunleather. I own several of these for OWB. They hold tight to your body, provide great grip access and draw angle. You can have them made lined or unlined, tooled or plain like the ones I buy. Get on their mailing list and wait for the sale.

One opinion re lining https://youtu.be/dMnHzhOeqf4.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used simply rugged and mitch rosen (who sig also OEM's) and been happy with both. But this is a pretty personal area so you need to find someone to build what you want exactly. good luck.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greek
posted Hide Post
I use a Galco Askins Avenger for my 226.

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation [where] the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms" James Madison, The Federalist, No 46

Posts: 179 | Location: VA | Registered: December 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Another plug here for Sam Andrews. He does excellent work. He's a gun guy, through and through, and has a real passion for his work. Give him a call and talk to him about what you're looking for, you'll see what I mean. He's an exceedingly nice guy and very pleasant.

I just talked to him today to order up a mid-ride type scabbard holster for the 6" Colt Python that's on its way to me. He's adding some nice touches that you'll probably be interested in, like a suede lining and a thumb break.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strider41:
Take a look at www.WildBillsconcealment.com and www.garritysgunleather.com. They make great leather holsters.

Did "Wildbill" ever get his shit together, and start making holsters on a more "timely" basis? He used to be a real crapshoot as far as dependability on delivery was concerned.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post