SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How do the new Beretta LTT and/or Wilson 92s compare to the old Brigadier Elite IIs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do the new Beretta LTT and/or Wilson 92s compare to the old Brigadier Elite IIs? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I have a lead on an excellent condition Beretta 96 Brigadier Elite II. I know its .40 but I still shoot and like the caliber. That being said, I’m interested in the new Landon Tactical and Wilson 92s as well. Caliber aside, how do they compare to the old Brigadier Elite IIs for those who know?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Beware that Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon will send you into a tailspin of Beretta addiction. I never had much use for Berettas, then I bought a Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical. Then another. Then a WC Centurion. Then a WC Compact Carry. Then a LTT.

My favorite is a WC Brig Tac with a Langdon trigger job. My second favorite is my LTT with trigger job, NP3, and night sights. I have a ton of high end handguns and I out shoot all of them with these.

Buy either the Brig Tac or LTT and never look back. Get a Langdon trigger job and find nirvana.

The original Brigadier Elites are more collector items and don't shoot as well as the newer models.

Be careful though. These things are so addicting it's crazy. I have Sigs modified by Gray Guns and these destroy them. They are the ultimate DA/SA guns in my opinion and now I carry them.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm late and "old school" to the party. A local buyer was selling an unfired WC Centurion with trigger job for $750. I was the second person who responded to the ad.

I subsequently got a 1994 "vintage" Beretta 92FS Centurion in great shape (and all metal parts). I added new WC ultra thin grips and did the Langdon "trigger job in a bag" myself, which was a bitch and took two tries but I got it done and the trigger is sweet. Now I'm looking to replace the recoil rod (metal, but finish very worn) and then the integral sights. Still undecided (drill-out the front with fiber optic) and replace back with a WC blacked-out "U-shaped" site, or pay the bucks for night sites.

Addictive indeed...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Beretta LTT with the trigger job is the apex of the 92 Series. A better value than the WC Berettas from a price point. The Old Brigadier E2’s are rough in comparison BUT can be easily moded to perform at a higher level. By all means, get the Brig E2 and install the Langdon TJIAB. You’ll be glad you did.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although it's been a long time, I used to own a couple of Elite IIs. They were awesome pistols. One nice thing about the WC guns and the Langdon LTT is that it is further refined in that they come with all metal parts, high capacity mags where legal, and in the case of the LTT with the trigger job the WC trigger bar. Beretta installed polymer guide rods and plastic coated triggers on the Elite IIs.

The newer pistols are very well thought out with better triggers than the Elite IIs IIRC, especially if you opt for the trigger job/action tune, the results of which are fantastic! The refined grips are also much better.

Just a few things. If you like front slide serrations then you get an LTT or an Elite II. Rounded trigger guard? A WC Beretta. Beware of slide machining issues, cosmetic as far as I know, especially on Cen Tacs (like mine). Also, if you don't like a trigger that breaks real close to the frame then the WC trigger bar is a mixed blessing.

Beware: they can be addicting!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have two Berettas with WC trigger jobs, and they are nothing short of incredible. Is the Langdon trigger job really that much better? I don't see how it could be, the WC even in double action is like butter

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have two Berettas with WC trigger jobs, and they are nothing short of incredible. Is the Langdon trigger job really that much better? I don't see how it could be, the WC even in double action is like butter

I own both a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with the action tune with the chrome silicon springs, and an LTT with the trigger job. The DA pull on the Langdon pistol is as smooth as can be but a bit heavier than the WC pistols. There is just the smallest amount of hesitation in the DA pull of the WC guns, almost unnoticeable. The biggest difference that I see is that the trigger breaks closer to the frame on the Langdon gun, which doesn't work quite as well for me.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been ambivalent about the M9 (carried 'em plenty including overseas), but I want an LTT in a bad way!

I really like the WC versions as well, made me take notice of Beretta again after not giving them a serious thought before.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CQB60:
...get the Brig E2 and install the Langdon TJIAB...

That is a great idea. I can get the EII for about $650 and then add the TJIB.

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Langdon has a new "optimized" trigger bar coming out. I have never used a Wilson one but I'm curious how this will compare. A shorter reset is probably my only wish for the 92 platform.

https://www.langdontactical.co...ormance-trigger-bar/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post