SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First time shooting new IDPA classifier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time shooting new IDPA classifier Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
like it but I sucked. Last two years I've shot the classifier I used a Glock 41 so I can classify in three divisions with one classifier and shot Expert. This time I shot my P226 In SSP and shot SS. Raw time was 82 seconds but with points down I was over the SS limit. Don't think I'll ever shoot Master. The super fast guys who always win and are Masters barely squeaked into Master time by half a second. Supposed to be easier but not sure it is. They scored the new head circles though and I read later that they aren't supposed to until 2018. Unless I misunderstood. Fun match though. Rained all day.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huge changes in CCP and BUG. Bought a FNS9C for BUG only to find that this year its barrel is too long. CCP extends out to 4 3/8 (4.375 inches) so Commanders are now in. Somebody is playing.
Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I know a couple of people whose guns are no longer CCP legal and they're pretty annoyed.

We shot the new classifier last month. No one who is a master here shot a master time if I recall correctly. It seemed easier to me but I'm still SS so I guess not. Smile

The new rule book (9.3) says a classification shot in "any semi-automatic pistol division must be applied to all other semi-automatic pistol divisions" so there appears to be no need to shoot a gun that meets the rule in all divisions to be classified in all of them.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My thought has always been that you really do not want to classify high. You get better marks in matches competing as a "classified" MM than if you are Expert or Master. If you have to "suffer" a match upgrade, so be it, but the classifier should be for practice only. Ego be damned. For some strange reason, I classified as MM with the P938 and the P320, but had a better score with the P938. Just enjoy the classifier for practice, because you have to shoot it once a year, but do not really worry about your score.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Good advice.

Also I noticed that equality clause in the rules this time. Whatever you classify as shooting ESP, SSP, or CDP applies to the other divisions. Makes sense.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post